The Calm Before the Storm

It had been a week since WrestleMania, and tonight everyone was on high alert because it was dooms day for some, as today was the annual Draft Lottery Vince McMahon had begun years ago when he acquired both WCW and ECW. Last Friday on Smackdown he'd made the announcement that the Women's Championship was coming out of retirement and would soon be going up for grabs in a battle royal match. Unfortunately for Esmeralda she couldn't participate because she already held the Diva's title, and she was worried that with the draft we'd be separated possibly. I had told her not to worry because even if it did happen I would be able to see her on my days off and seeing as Colby and I held the tag titles we could be on both shows. It still irritated her though and for the whole day she was in a crap mood so I left her alone and let her sulk, it was better than being there listening to her complain about something that could possibly happen and neither of us could control. I was dressed in my usual ring gear and waiting backstage with my guys when I saw Esme walk in dressed in jeans, her boots and a Houston Texans tank top a fan had sent her a few weeks back, her hair in a ponytail and looking all business as she stood there waiting to hear our fates.

"Babe you know I love you, but this funk mood of yours is not gonna get us anywhere, remember this, you have me no matter what," I told her as I came up to her and put my arms around her waist and she leaned back against me.

"I'm sorry Joe I don't mean to be a bitch, I just swear I hate this stupid lottery thing Vince has in place still, I've gone between both shows and I love it here on Raw, and yeah it makes it ten times better that you're here but seriously just let us be where we want," she said as the show started and we all waited to walk out onto the ramp for the first round of the draft.

For the next hour and a half matches were fought and people where drafted to this and that show, and so far everything was fine, then came the only diva's match and it was Nikki Bella against Naomi of the Funkadactyls for a new diva on Smackdown. I had felt Es tense up next to me as she watched the match, everyone knew they had to be careful around the Bella's because of their twin magic gimmick, and this meant that a diva from Raw was moving to Smackdown after all. When the bell rang and Brie's hand was held up in victory as the winner, the Titantron started to roll through the faces of the Diva's and finally it stopped, and so did my heart as I saw Esme's picture on the screen.

Esme's POV

Dammit, how did I know this was going to happen tonight, that I would now be exclusive to Smackdown because guess what now the Women's belt would be strictly for Raw. I grabbed the nasty blue shirt the backstage guy handed me and stalked out to my music as I glared at the twins and cursed the fact those two had managed to ruin my life. Trinity came up to me and hugged me saying sorry in my ear, and I told her it was okay as I got in the ring and made myself heard.

"Vince this lottery of yours can kiss my ass. How dare you take the number one diva of the WWE off the number one show on television, and expect her to do it with a smile on her face? I am the champion, the belt around my waist proves that, and all you've managed to do is piss off the wrong person. That resurrected Women's Championship will one day hang around this waist as well, it may not be today, but I can guarantee you in the coming months I will hold both titles," I said as I threw the mic down and climbed the turnbuckle, shredding the shirt in my hands and making a statement that I wasn't one to conform to rules.

As I walked back to the back I saw Joe and he had a look on his face like he didn't know what to think of my little speech on tv, but I knew he would be by my side because that was how he was.

"Esmeralda, in my office now," I heard Vince call from across the hallway as he stood in his office doorway his hands across his chest, trying to intimidate me. "What the hell was that out there young lady, why are you trying to start a riot you have no right to start? This is my business not yours, and you need to remember that quickly."