1.8

I realize his hair is shorter now but I couldn't resist.

He was still in his suit, which means he must of just gotten off of work. Why the hell did he have flowers? I felt like I was going to be sick.

"Hello, Howell. I hope this isn't weird, I got your address from our contact information."

"Uh..." I sighed, moving out of the way. "Hey." He handed me the flowers and I smiled. "Thanks." I spun around and introduced Louise.

"Oh," he mumbled. "I didn't know you were seeing someone."

"What? No she's my best friend," I laughed. "So, did you want something?"

"I just came to check on you. You seemed upset earlier. Are you okay?"

"I think I'm going to go..." Louise muttered.

"No! Don't leave," I said grabbing her hand as she walked to the door. "Please stay." She rolled her eyes before walking back to the couch.

"I'm sorry to interrupt," he said. "I needed to make sure you were okay, Howell. Wouldn't want my star employee to miss work tomorrow, now would I?" He chuckled slightly and my heart sunk. I could feel the bile pile up in the back of my throat and I wanted to cry. I wish I would've let Louise leave, I felt so embarrassed.

"Yeah," I said, forcing a laugh. "Thanks again for the flowers."

"Of course," he said. "I'll see you tomorrow, alright?" He gripped my shoulder before turning around. "Nice to meet you, Louise."

"You too," she called out before he shut the door behind him. She waited a few minutes before saying anything, letting me have a few moments to myself. "That's the guy?"

"Yes," I grumbled as I fell onto the couch. "What the hell? Why does he have to confuse me like that?"

"C'mere," she said, pulling me closer. She held me as I cried. We didn't play Mario Kart that night.