Chapter 15: Double Vision

The room is dark. Watching silently from behind the privacy curtain, waiting for the right moment. The sounds of steady beeping pulsate from the medical equipment. Eyes focused intensely, fixated on an elderly nurse that is checking on her patient.

The nurse seems to be cautious; aware of the other presence within the room. She occasionally glances over her shoulder. She is wary of her surroundings. She reaches to the heart monitor and lowers the volume. She listens for movement. The nurse's attention is suddenly caught by something. She goes around the bed to the other side and stops in front of a chair. She stares suspiciously for a moment. 'Humph', the nurse picks up the teddy bear that was deliberately left for her to find. She holds the bear, curiously staring at it. She turns to leave the room and gets frightened; "Ohhh..." she drops the stuffed bear.

She looks down to the unblinking eyes and warns, "...Y-you shouldn't be in here..." She walks closer. "...and this isn't your mother. You have some explaining to do."

Staring up at the agitated nurse with an unwavering gaze, "Did I scare you?"

"No. I knew you were in here..." The nurse bends down to retrieve the fumbled teddy bear. "... I saw you coming from behind the curtain."

Looking down at the unsuspecting nurse. The back of her head may as well have a bulls-eye painted on it...

In a zoned out stare, Emma speaks aloud, the final words of the fatal dream, "I bet you didn't see this coming."

...Studying the back of her head, practically salivating at this opportunity. The sight of the nurse's exposed, unprotected neck is too enticing to let pass. The knife raises and violently slams into the soft flesh on the nape of the nurse's neck. Satisfaction consumes her small body as the lifeless shell of her victim plummets to the floor.

Emma embraces the vision as it concludes; not wanting to let go. Her parents watch helplessly, "Emma? Emma, wake up!"

She exits her dream and shocks her parents with a prophecy. "Brandy is going to die now."

Nancy requests her husband remain by Emma's side. "Stay with her." She hurries back to Dr. Stone. "Doctor? If Brandy Page is a patient here, can you please check on her?"

He looks to her, confused. "What's the problem?"

Nancy isn't sure how to say it without sounding foolish, so she just says it, "Emma had another dream. She said Brandy was going to die."

"Oh my... you mentioned her dreams earlier. What exactly is she seeing in these dreams?"

"Murders... people dying."

The doctor looks surprised. "Ohh. That's certainly is disturbing."

"Yes it is, but what's more disturbing than that, her dreams are coming true."

Dr. Stone face becomes baffled, "What? What do you mean?"

Nancy is becoming impatient. "Look, I don't have time to get into it right now. You just have to believe me. Emma has theses visions and then later, we find out the vision she had, actually happened. Please go check on her."

Her sense of urgency is enough to make the doctor believe. "I'll call the nurse and have her go check on Brandy. Okay?"

"Okay." Nancy is satisfied with that answer. She rejoins her clan.

Michael rubs Emma's shoulders, attempting to comfort her. Nancy checks on her as well. "How are you doing Emma?"

Emma is detached from her emotions. "It won't be long now and Brandy will be dead."