Chapter 9

Chapter 9

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING- NOT EVEN DAMON OR STEPHAN *sniffs*

Enjoy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Were so sorry Bella." Alice said taking my hand in hers. We were sitting in my living room all of us including Damon who sat next to me. They had just told me why they had come, apparently Alice had seen Damon's proposal to me and she wanted to come. She had told me she missed me so much and seeing me growing up and starting to build a life for myself- and well they all wanted to be a part of it.

"So Edward told you that he wanted to leave, to protect me from the supernatural." I stated my face expressionless. The only kind of emotion I showed was squeezing Damon hand even harder; I felt my mind relax a bit as he rubbed my knuckles with his thumb. I gave him one last squeeze before letting go. I sighed and closed my eyes letting my head rest in my hands. I thought about what she said, what they all said. Rosalie had surprised me the most saying she was sorry the most, at how she treated me before.

How could he? He took them away from me- and they agreed. But why wouldn't they? Edward-their brother and son had been with them for a lifetime while I've only known them for a year. But apparently that one year had made all the difference.

They were all sincere- I could see it in their eyes that they hadn't wanted to leave me. But could I forgive them for that? Alice told me that Edward had lied. That I wasn't a mere toy for them… nor for him.

I then snorted and laughed to myself, I looked back at the Cullens, and they were all confused. "Well, it's a little too late." I said crossing my legs and leaning into Damon's welcoming embrace. Damon had gone along playing human and I had told them that Damon knew of vampires-of my past really. I had seen some protest and disappointment in their eyes, but before they were able to day anything I had told them plainly that I didn't keep any secrets from Damon. My words were, "If anyone expects to know a thing about me- then they should know what happened to me that made me who I am today…"

That had sobered them up.

"What do you mean?" Jasper and Rosalie asked me confused. I looked at Damon, "It's only fair." He said looking at the Cullens then back at me. I rolled my eyes, "Since when do you play fair?" He smirked, "I think I can make an exception- just this once though." He said winking at me. I turned back to the Cullens my face a little pink as I answered the 'Hale twins' question, "Damon… isn't exactly human. And I've had a couple of encounters with a pack of werewolves- Ah! And let's not forget Victoria, who Damon actually killed about a couple of weeks ago." I laughed lightly at the shocked expressions of most of the Cullens.

"Werewolves?" Alice asked her face was bewildered making her look oddly adorable.

"Victoria? You killed her!" Jasper said his eyes wide as he looked at Damon who was smirking his face up. "Come on Major Whitlock, I was one of your best, such little faith." Damon said standing up, "General Salvatore is that you? I mean- I thought for a moment," Jasper said standing up to clasp Damon's hand.

"You two know each other?" I asked curiously. Damon nodded, "Before I returned to Virginia, 1863,"

"Apparently the war didn't suit for him." Jasper said amused, Damon shrugged, "Nope- though if I had stayed I would have ended up a sparkling tiara like you- no thanks." He said smirking clapping his hand on Jasper shoulder who rolled his eyes.

"You killed her? Nice bro." Emmett said high fiving Damon who returned it looking smug. I rolled his eyes. Suchabigego,buthey.