Chapter 13

Chapter 13

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Twilight or The Vampire Diaries

XXXXA Different End XXXX

"Where is he- exactly?" I asked Alice in a low and calm voice.

"We're making good time-we're almost there." Alice said briskly as she drove like a mad woman through the streets of Volterra.

"You know I'd thought if ever go to Italy again we would be on another honeymoon-not chasing after my suicidal ex." I said grumpily from the backseat of Alice's 'borrowed' Porsche.

"You and me both honey." Damon muttered from the front.

"Aro has already rejected his request; 'a waste' apparently. Now he's going to cause some trouble for the guard."

"What kind of trouble?" Damon asked as his eyebrows rose. Alice sighed heavily and replied in a tone laced with stress and worry.

"He's going to make it simple- it's a bright cloudless day-"

"And he's going to go out and into the sun." Damon concluded, "And as I recall none of you guys have these nifty little sun rings." He said wriggling his fingers on his right hand.

"Nope- but we're going to make it." Alice said calming down somewhat.

I nodded and leaned back into the seat. I looked out the tinted windows and watched the streets pass by.

"Are you alright?" Damon asked me quietly.

I nodded mechanically, "I'm fine." I said more out of instinct than anything else.

Damon sighed- I knew he didn't believe me, but he couldn't say anything-not now at least.

I looked down at my folded hands in my lap. The silence of the car was bearable; everyone was in their own thoughts.

The moment Damon had agreed to come with us-with me- Alice had packed a bag for him in record time, and we were on the road to the airport within minutes.

The first flight had been tense-Alice had not been mentally with us; she was off in her visions sitting still as stone with a frown plastered on her face.

Damon and I sat together, with him offering his comfort. His reassurance had helped me throughout the long hours of the flight.

When we had landed we had hit a bump in the road. Our flight to Italy had been postponed until 5. It was 12 in the morning. We had stressed out all other options, finding no other solution than to book a room for a couple of hours.

Damon and I had used the time wisely; we still hadn't washed since our trip to the beach. I had expected the hours to be completely miserable when in fact it was better than expected. We were going to make it. Alice had seen it; we still had time and if we connected to flight at 5 we would get there before Edward did.

Our nerves had been lessened.

I had changed from my outfit that I had pulled together in the back of Carlisle's Mercedes that consisted black jeans and a hoodie and into one of the outfits that I had bought while I was in Italy.

It was a Dolman sleeve top. It was beautiful beige with a simple pattern that crossed on it. It showed a bit of my midriff and the sleeves ended at my elbows. I had added a thin, nice dark blue and brown scarf to pull the front all together. I wore dark blue skinny jeans with dark brown ankle high heeled boots. I had curled my hair and added my usual make up. I wore my rings along with a dark brown bangle. The top flowed around me from my slim shoulder to my flat abdomen. I looked nice and in Damon's opinion- 'drop dead gorgeous.' Damon had changed into his usual dark wash jeans and boots along with a dark blue button down shirt. He wore his black leather jacket to top it all off. He looked as handsome and dangerous as always.