Chapter [46]

The songs for this chapter are:

-Breakeven: The Script

-Wild Things: Alessia Cara

Selena's POV

"Justin's coming home?" I turn to face Yovanna, her eyes wide in surprise. At first I thought those words had slipped out of my mouth, but now I realize she spoke them.

I have gone silent and Its as if I can't breathe. There is something far scarier being with him than being without him.

How will it be to see him now? I haven't seen him since March, and June felt forever away, but now it hits me in a couple days.

Jonas nods, "That's what he said." he pauses before turning to focus on me, "He didn't want to talk to you, though."

My heart sinks.

"Why?" I ask quietly and he shrugs.

"He's just being a dick, Selena. But he's a dick who is pretty crazily in love with you."

I can't stop a smile from curving itself over my lips. I don't know why but it feels comforting coming from someone like Jonas. He will flip tables and make me hate him, but now I'm seeking reassurance from him, and for some reason I'm okay with that.

I'm okay with that.

I guess you go from being fine to being okay with it, and then someone how it gets better. Or it doesn't.

"Yeah, but just be careful whenever he does decide to show up." Yovanna speaks up a moment later and I roll my eyes along with Jonas.

"I don't get why you care for me so much suddenly."

Yovanna shrugs, "You know I don't really know, but I'm exhausted and I'm going to bed." she stands and walks out of the room without another word.

The living room falls silent except for the soft voices coming from the t.v. I can feel Jonas's eyes on me, but mine are focused on my hands in my lap.

"Are you tired?" He asks quietly, making me lift my eyes to meet his. I can tell he is, by the red rimming his eyes.

"Sort of." I answer fiddling with my fingers and he nods.

"You can sleep in my bed if you want, I'll sleep on the couch." he speaks so peacefully I find myself wondering why I ever thought he was so terrible. Perhaps I'm still just terrible at figuring someone out, but I can't stop the questions from popping up in my mind. Justin once told me they were so close and then they weren't.

"Jonas?" I ask and he turns to face me again, his brows lift up questionally so I continue, "What happened?"

He laughs lightly, "You have to be more specific. What happened with-"

"Between you and Justin," I cut him off and just like that his smile fades. His bright, humor filled eyes suddenly dull. The life is sucked out of them and he runs his palms together lightly. I can tell he is debating something in his mind, but finally he lets out a heavy breath and looks back at me.

"I screwed it up."

"How?"

He tilts his head to the side, "You ask a lot of questions."

"Why can't you tell me?" I widen my eyes and he raises a brow.

"I never said I wasn't going to."

My mouth clamps shut and his eyes stay locked in mine and for the first time I realize he has been hurt and has a heart that has been broken. Everyone's heart has been broken and each of them deal with pain a certain way.