Chapter [5]

The songs for this chapter are:

-Afire Love: Ed Sheeran

-Take You: Justin Bieber (this song was playing when I originally thought of Take Me for the first time :) just thought you might like the little insight haha)

-Silence: David Hodges

Little note, before you guys read, but Redeemed, chapter 1, is up. Will you guys check it out and give it a vote? Thanks!

I was expecting my stomach to flip or my skin to rage with goosebumps over even my blood to turn cold, but nothing happened. My eyes kept a watchful hold on the stranger, but my calm self surprised me.

If this would have happened months ago I would have jumped out of my own skin in terror, but now this boy wasn't anything near frightening, trust me, I know what horror is. It's crazy how much I think I know compared to what I used to know and what I will know.

He holds is smile like I've just told him something amazing, but I turn away.

"Well sorry about your coffee," I mumble over my shoulder, and roll my eyes when he follows me.

"It doesn't matter." His voice comes out kind and gentle but I'm not in the mood to talk to someone I don't know, "Where are you going, Selena?"

He uses my name again and I cringe.

I turn back around quickly and he stops still holding that smile, "How do you know my name?"

He shrugs and moves the napkin I had recently handed him, up to his stomach to inspect the coffee already staining his cotton shirt. He smirks again and I scan over his face.

He's not terrible looking, in fact I would have found him attractive if my heart wasn't in the clutches of a tattooed devil.

God, do I miss my devil, oh so much.

But because I have eagerly fallen in love with the devil it is impossible to notice anyone else. It has been that way since he walked into my life and I'm afraid it will be like that even when he walks out. How can I love like this again?

It is hard to fall the first time, but picking yourself up to just fall again seems useless.

We all have one life to live, to love, to make mistakes, to thrive, and I want more than anything in this whole galaxy to spend it with Justin.

"I know your name because of who you love." he flashes me another full mouth smile and I roll my eyes.

"You're Justin's friend to?" I ask and he nods, dropping his hand with the napkin to his side, giving up on the stained mess on his front.

His brow raises, "You can call me that."

There is a hint of mischief in his voice that makes me worry. His eyes hold something behind them, almost like he knows something I don't and can use it against me.

My nerves kick in and my mind is telling me to turn and run, but something about the way he cuts his sentence short and plays mind tricks with me, makes my feet stay in place.

"Who are you?"

"I just told you."

"No, what is your name?" I place my hand on my hip and he clocks my every move with cautious eyes. I've never felt this uncomfortable under someone's glare, not even Justin's.

I thrive in Justin's eyes, and cringe in the sight of others.

Oh what a mother I will be.

He shakes his head and extends an arm to his right, "Will you join me?"