Christmas

While holding my mug of hot chocolate, I let Max and Bailey out to use the bathroom and play around a bit. I fix their dog food for when they come in and turn on the stove to cook some breakfast. I left Andy sleeping, so he could get some good and well deserved rest. 

I light my Christmas candles around the house and slip on my slippers. It's my favorite holiday of the year! I call the dogs back inside and they run in quickly, shaking all of the now melted snow off of them. I laugh as they run straight to their food bowls. I skip around in my big pajama pants and sweater and clean everything up. I make sure all of the presents are under the tree. Once the stove is heated, I make Andy and I both omelets and pancakes. I also slip some biscuits in the oven because, why not? It's Christmas.

I hear Andy trudge down the stairs and max and Bailey run to his feet. He sleepily rubs his eyes and looks around. I giggle and walk over to him, grabbing his large, tough hands with my small and delicate ones. "Merry Christmas." I peck him on the cheek and he pulls me in for a hug. "Merry Christmas." He murmurs sleepily in response.

He pulls away with a sleepy smile and I walk back over to the oven to pull out our now finished biscuits. "You're just in time. Breakfast is ready." I pull out two glass Christmas plates my mom gave me a few years ago when Andy and I first moved in together and serve all of our food on it. 

"Wow. Thank you." He says as I put the plate in front of him at our small table. "No problem." I say while fixing him his orange juice. He likes to drink it every morning. I sit down with him and we eat quietly. "So are we going visit family later today?" He asks. "I was thinking we could stop by a few places later this afternoon." I shrug. He nods. 

After I finish getting dressed in a casual sweater dress and some ankle boots, I make my way downstairs, my now curled hair bouncing and my face feeing freshly washed and prepped lightly with some makeup. Andy is waiting downstairs for me dressed very nicely and some black slacks and a white button down shirt. 

"You look very nice." I blush. After all of this time he still blows me away. "Same to you, baby." He holds out his hand and some music suddenly turns on. An old cover of Elvis Presely singing some classic Christmas songs rings throughout the house and I giggle. I happily take his hand and he pulls me in closer to him. 

He twirls me around and I laugh as he sings along doing his best Elvis impression. We danced for a while and he planted a sweet, lingering kiss on my forehead.  

He pulls away from me and I watch him as he bends down on one knee. I cover my mouth as he smiles up at me.

"It's been years, and I know we've both been waiting to see if we really want to spend our lives with each other. The truth is, I've known it from the start. I want this, and I always have. Marry me, Y/N. I want you. I want you forever." I nod my head and he smiles brightly, standing up to out the gorgeous rose gold ring on my finger. The diamond shines brightly and I look up at him. Tears streaming down my face. I hug him tightly and he hugs me back, squeezing so hard I almost can't breathe.

"Merry Christmas." He says once again while planting a sweet kiss on my lips. 

"Merry Christmas, Andy."