Scars♡

Please read and comment on this!! I worked really hard on it, and it's very personal to me. Let me know what you think please. I love you guys! 

-e

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WARNING: possible depression and anxiety triggers, suicidal thoughts

I stand in the rain in front of my best friend Andys house, crying and dying inside. I knock and a few minutes later the door opens and he stands looking down at me. I'm in my weakest and most vulnerable state. How pathetic must I be to run to him at a time like this? I hate when people see me when I'm weakest. "Y/N?" He questions in a concerned tone. I don't have he confidence to look at him, so I keep my head down and nod. "What happened? Are you--- wait, hold on ill get you a towel, you must be freezing." He says all too quickly and runs inside. I stay in the rain and let the water run down my body. I deserve to be freezing and to sit alone and in the pouring rain. I shouldn't have come here. I  decide to leave and turn to begin walking to my house which is only a few streets away. "Hey!" Andy shouts and grabs my wrist before I made it too far. I turned and looked at him, scared of what he may say. "Come inside." He says softly and begins tugging on my wrist until I decide to move my feet and follow him inside his home.

He wraps a towel around me and leads me to the bathroom. He turns on the small, portable heater in the corner and walks out of the room. I stand in front of the heater, only feeling slight warmth as I shiver from the cold water that's still on my clothes. Andy returns with a plain black shirt and some plaid, red sleepwear pants. "Change into these." He says and leaves them on the counter and closes the door slowly and quietly. I peel off my wet clothes and squeeze all of the water I can out of them in the sink. I use the soft towel that Andy kindly got me and dry the water off of my body. I also clean up the puddle of water that has appeared since I've been standing in the small room. Andy walks back in as I'm dabbing the towel on the ends of my hair. He stands silent and watches me with a worried look on my face as I finish drying my hair. I begin to fold the towel then he stops me. "I've got it, sweetie." He whispers and folds the towel quickly and efficiently. 

He turns off the heater and puts the towel in the dirty clothes basket."Come here." He says softly and grabs my hand, leading me out of the small bathroom. He leads me to the couch and I sit on the very edge of the cushion. On the square, black coffee table is a mug and some triple-fudge brownies. "I made you some hot chocolate, and I know those brownies are your favorite so I got them too. I made them last night." He explains. "Thank you." I mutter. I seem to be unable to speak, as if I've lost my voice by screaming in pain on the inside. "It's no problem." He replies while sitting next to me. His whole body is turned to me showing that I have his full attention. I love it when he does that. It makes me feel like he actually wants to hear what I have to say, and that he really cares. 

Andy and I have been best friends for as long as I can remember. He is fully aware that I struggle with tons of mental problems, but nothing like this has ever happened before. He knows how I feel about these situations, how I like to be alone and away from anyone and everyone. Today, I just felt like I needed him. I feel so bad for running to him like this. Any time I need, he's there. He always makes me smile and laugh. Whenever I'm around him, I feel as light as a feather. It's like I forget that I've suffered for so many years. I forget the sadness that lingers in my mind and in my heart. One glance from those bright blue eyes take away my pain.

I take a sip of my hot chocolate and feel the warmth flood through my body. "Sit back. You must be uncomfortable." He observed. He gently grabbed my waist and scooted me backwards to be even with him. He wraps his arms around me and holds me tightly, yet gently. He moves the damp hair away from my face and tucks it behind my ear. "What happened?" He asks and I stay silent. I know that he must want to know and that it's probably killing him.