Flashbacks and Fairytales

2 weeks later...
Eldon's POV:
We're at the studio, picking our dances for internationals.
'So that's Eldon for male solo, Michelle for female solo, Giselle, Riley, Stephanie, Cierra and Noah for 2-7 person dance and James, Max, West, Giselle and Riley for the 5 person dance.' Kate confirms. 'So we just need a duet. Jiley do u want it?' She asks.
'Actually, Miss Kate, we want to let someone else do it this time.' Riley announces.
'Are you sure?' Kate asks. They both nod. 'Okay then. So do we have any volunteers for the duet?' I catch Michelle's eye from across the room. I can tell we're both thinking the same thing.
'Michelle and I will do it.' I say.

Michelle's POV:
'Omg yay! It's been ages since we've seen a micheldon duet!' Giselle exclaims.
'Alright then it's settled. Michelle and Eldon are doing the internationals duet. You guys can have studio A to rehearse.' Miss Kate says. I'm so excited. It feels like ages since I've danced with Eldon and I've missed it. I still remember the first time we did our duet and the moment we shared in studio B. I wait for everyone else to leave before walking over to Eldon. 'Do you want to do our duet to inside out?' I ask, hoping he'll say yes.
'Yeah I love that one.' He says.

Eldon's POV:
Michelle and I are practising the duet and it's going great. Dancing with her just feels so right.
'Do you want to go from the top?' She asks in her angelic voice. 'Sure.' I say. As the music starts I'm pulled into flashback after flashback of when we were preparing for regionals....

****

I'm preparing myself for my a-troupe audition when this girl walks in. I have no idea who she is but she is absolutely gorgeous. She might even be prettier than Emily.. No that's not possible but she is really pretty.

****

I'm watching this new girl dance and she is amazing. She has so much passion and technique. I think she'd be the perfect duet partner for me... apart from Emily of course.

****

I decide to come clean to Michelle and tell her about my situation. I explain how I ended up with her and Emily as my duet partners and hope she'll let me be with Emily.
'No.' She says. I stand there in shock, worrying what Emily will do if she finds out.
'Do you need a tissue for your issue?' Michelle says. I panic before going to James for advice.

****

Michelle and Emily both look furious as Chloe and I start to dance but I know that this was the right decision. I see them glaring at me as I pirouette but I ignore them and carry on dancing.

****

I'm sat on the couch in studio B, upset about Emily. She treats me so horribly but I still like her. Michelle comes in and sits next to me. Just seeing her makes me feel better. She makes me smile straight away and gives me the pep talk I needed.

****

Everyone is waiting for me to pick who I want to be dance captain. On one hand, there's Michelle - fair, good dancer and kind and on the other hand there's Emily. I know I have to do the right thing for the team. As I walk over to Michelle, Emily looks crestfallen and it breaks my heart but it had to be done.

****

Michelle and I are practising our duet and dancing with her just feels so right. As I gaze into her eyes, I realise that she is the one I want to be with. She makes my heart beat at a million miles per hour. I never feel like this with Emily...

****

I've decided to tell Michelle how I feel. Walking over to her, I'm so nervous. What if she doesn't feel the same way.
'Hey Eldon' she says in her angelic voice.
'Can I talk to you?' I say, anxiously.
'Sure.'
'I wanna be with you.'
'What about...'
'She's at elite. It'll be easier for me to break up with her.' She's silent for a while. I'm about to say something when she speaks.
'I just want you to know that I really do....' She's cut off by miss Kate.
'Look who's back!' She says. I turn around and see Emily, to my horror. Michelle looks broken and I feel broken. This has made everything  a lot more complicated...

****

'Michelle?'
'Eldon we have nothing to talk about.'
'Why are you avoiding me?' I say, trying to disguise the pain in my voice.
'Because you're with Emily! She's your girlfriend!' She exclaims before walking away.

****

Michelle approaches me and I don't know what to do. She tells me that she has feelings for me and that she wants to be with me. This is what I've wanted to hear for so long but why did she make me wait?
'Why are you doing this to me?' I ask.
'I was just...'
'I've moved on.' I say and I instantly regret it. I've just lost her.

****

We're all getting ready for our first regionals performance. Michelle steps out of the dressing room and words can't even describe how amazing she looks.
'You look beautiful.' I say.
'Really?' She's blushing and it's adorable. I'm not even thinking about Emily right now.

****

We're waiting to find out if we got through. Michelle grabs my hand and holds it tight and I don't let go. It just feels right...

****

Michelle and I are practising our duet for finals and I have to tell her how I feel. I explain everything to her and we agree to wait until after regionals to tell Emily.

****

The music begins and I walk over to the ramp, waiting for my princess. I catch her in my arms and carry her to the centre of the stage. The story of this dance couldn't be more accurate - Michelle and I as Romeo and Juliet - a forbidden love. She jumps into my arms and holds on tight. We're putting everything into this dance. I can feel the emotions being shown. I run up the ramp with her, spin her around and dip her. As I bring her back up, the music ends. I stand holding her in my arms while the crowd goes wild.

****

[Back to present]
I hold her in my arms gazing into her eyes as the music ends. This moment couldn't be more perfect. It feels like we're in our own fairytale and I don't want it to end.

A/N: hope this chapter wasn't too long for you - let me know if you want longer chapters. Also  sorry there's a lot of Eldon POV I'll try and do more Michelle in the next chapter 😉