Funny business

Michelle's POV:
We've just finished dinner. Thankfully no one spoke too much - we were all too busy eating. Julie begins collecting plates so I decide to help her. We walk to the kitchen and put the dishes in the sink. Julie washes while I dry.
'So how long have you and Eldon been back together?' She asks me.
'About a month' I reply.
'I'm so glad Eldon's back with you. I was worried he was gonna date that Thalia girl - she's a nice girl but she's quite weird.' I laugh at Julie's comment before she asks me more questions.
'Does Eldon treat you right? Is he a gentleman?' She probes.
'Yeah he's amazing. You did a good job with him.' Julie smiles as I say this.
'Talking about me?' I turn around to see Eldon stood in the doorway, smirking. I feel my cheeks burn up and instantly know I'm blushing. Eldon walks over to me and puts his arm around me. Julie smiles as she watches and says
'Go on you two. I can finish these dishes on my own. Thank you for the help, Michelle.'
Eldon and I go upstairs and into his bedroom. We sit down and start talking.
'I think I heard your phone go off.' He says. I check it and see two text messages from my mom.
'Hi sweetie I'm coming to pick the last of my things up at 6.'
'Eldon what time is it?' I ask.
'6.03.' He replies. I look at the second text message, panicking.
'Your dad still works late, doesn't he?' Oh no. Eldon pulls me into a hug.
'What's up?' He asks sympathetically.
'My mom went to my dad's house to pick up her things 3 minutes ago because she thought he works late but he changed his shifts so he's gonna be there and they'll end up arguing and I don't wanna go home to that.' I say, letting a couple of tears fall down my cheek. Eldon plays with my hair and kisses my head. He always knows how to calm me down.
'If you want I could ask my mom if you can stay tonight.' He suggests.
'Would they not mind?' I ask.
'No, they love you!' He says, smiling. 'I'll go ask.' He says.

Eldon's POV:
I walk into the kitchen where my mom is.
'Mom?'
'Yeah?'
'Can Michelle stay over? There was a mix up with her parents so they're both at her house now, probably arguing and she was getting really upset about it.' I ask.
'Of course she can! It's a shame what's happening with her parents though isn't it?' She says.
'Yeah it's really upsetting her.'
'Poor girl. Tell her she can stay whenever she wants.' Mom says.
'Thanks mom.'
'It's ok love. Tell your father though!' she says. I walk into the living room and see my dad sat watching TV.
'Dad?'
'Yeah son?' He says, not taking his eyes off the TV.
'Just letting you know Michelle's staying over.' I say.,
'Ok. No funny business though!' I laugh as he says this.
'Ok dad.' I say and go back upstairs. As I walk in to my room, I see Michelle sat in exactly the same position she was in when I left. I notice that she's still crying so I sit down next to her and put my arm around her.
'My parents said you can stay as long as there's no funny business.' I say. She smiles weakly but I can tell something happened while I was downstairs.
'What's wrong?' I ask her. She shows me a message on her phone from her mom. I read it and my heart sinks.

'We're moving back to Madison'