Meet the parents

Michelle's POV:
Eldon and I just finished practicing the duet. It was amazing dancing together after all this time. I can't wait for internationals.
'Michelle?' Eldon asks.
'Yeah?'
'Do you want to come to my house for dinner?'
'Sure.' I say hesitantly. I haven't seen Eldon's family since before we picked the team for nationals. I could never tell if his parents liked me or not.
'Are you ready to go?' Eldon asks. I nod and grab my bag before walking to his car with him.

Eldon's POV:
We arrive at my house and walk up the driveway. I notice Michelle looks nervous so I put my arm around her.
'Don't worry' I whisper reassuringly in her ear. She smiles up at me and takes my hand as we walk inside.

Michelle's POV:
As we head inside, Eldon's mom, Julie, appears from the kitchen. As she walks towards me, I'm convinced I'm gonna pass out.
'Michelle! How lovely to see you!' She says as she pulls me into a hug. I was not expecting that.
'Hi Mrs Lupien.' I say sheepishly.
'Please, call me Julie.' She guides us into the living room and talks to us for a while until we hear a loud bang. Julie leaves to investigate, leaving me and Eldon confused.
'What was that?' I ask.
'Probably one of my brothers.' Eldon replies.
'What are they doing?'
'It's probably one of their weird science experiments. They have a weird obsession with exploding teddy bears.' Eldon says casually. I'm about to ask more questions but I'm interrupted by Julie shouting upstairs.
'Eliot! What in the name of God are you doing?!'
'I was just testing out my firework kit.' He replies.
'How many times do I have to tell you not to do indoor firework displays?!' Julie shouts.
'Sorry mom.'
'Where's Ethan?' She asks.
'He's cleaning the bathroom.'
'Why?' Julie asks suspiciously.
'Because we spilt hydrochloric acid in the bath.' Elliot replies sheepishly.
'THAT'S IT! PAIR OF YOU DOWNSTAIRS NOW!' Julie explodes. Within seconds, we hear two pairs of feet coming downstairs. I notice Eldon counting down from 3 and the second he reaches one, Eliot and Ethan come in. Eliot and Ethan are twins but they have really different personalities. Eliot is really intelligent and particularly enjoys science and Ethan is really into sports and apparently likes to blow up teddy bears. One of them had a crush on me but I can't remember which one.
'Hey Michelle.' Eliot says, his eyes not moving from the tv.
'What's cooking good looking?' Ethan says as he sits down next to me and puts his arm around me. Ethan... It was Ethan. I'm about to move his arm when Eldon says
'Ethan! She's mine! Shoo!' I laugh as Ethan leaves, complaining. Eliot follows him, leaving me and Eldon alone.
'I told you it wouldn't be that bad.' He says.
'You're dads not home yet. There's still time for things to go wrong.' I say.
'They won't though.' Eldon reassures. He puts his arm around me and kisses me just as Eliot walks in.
'Get a room!' He yells.
'Eliot don't be mean or I'll tell you're father!' Julie threatens from the kitchen.
'He's not home!' Eliot says and almost on cue, a car pulls up on the driveway and Eldon's dad steps out of it. Eliot runs upstairs before Eldon's dad walks in.
'Hey dad.' Eldon says as his dad sits down on the other sofa.
'Hi son. Hello Michelle I've not seen you in a while.' He replies.
'Hi Mr Lupien.' I say nervously. Eldon's dad is one of those people who, no matter how nice they are, you just can't help but feel anxious around them.
'Call me Pete.' He says in a friendly tone. We all sit in silence and just as I thought things couldn't get anymore awkward, Pete starts trying to make small talk. Thankfully, Julie calls us for dinner before thing could get any worse.