Chapter Sixteen - Shazzers Gets Slapped

Monday was a slow day. Gillian spent most of it in her office on her laptop. It was Cyber Monday after all. Cal didn't know what she could possibly be buying. They'd spent seventeen hours and several hundreds of dollars shopping Friday. Gillian had dragged him out of bed to be at some store when it opened at 2am, Emily had joined them around 9am, after Sophie woke up and ate breakfast at the house. Cal hadn't gotten home till 7pm.

"Dr. Lightman?"
"What?" He asked rather impatiently. Couldn't Anna see he was in the middle of a conversation with Gillian?
"Sorry to interrupt but Detective Sharon Wallowski is here to see you."
"What does she want now?"
"I don't know. She said she wants to talk to you."
"Tell her I'm busy."
"She said she wasn't leaving until you speak to her."
Cal stood up and headed towards the conference room. He was vaguely aware of Gillian close behind him.
Wallowski was standing there, looking impatient.
"Shazzers. What do you want?"
"Nice to see you too."
"Not in the mood for your attitude. You can either tell me why you're here or you can leave."
Wallowski sighed.
"The FBI needs both of you to testify against Dillion."
"Okay. A phone call would've sufficed." Gillian told her.
"Maybe I wanted to talk to Cal."
"Maybe I don't want you too." Gillian shot back.
"Dr. Foster, what exactly is your problem with me?"
Cal figured he should probably step in before this turned into a full blown cat fight. But he'd let it progress just a little more first.
"I don't know. Maybe everything? First, you broke into his house which he may have forgotten about but I certainly haven't. And-"
"He maced me!"
"We covered your ass for Internal Affairs and never got so much as a thank you!"
"Cal got his thank you. I would've given you one too but you didn't really want to help in the first place. And I was under the impression you weren't into that sort of thing."
To Cal's surprise, Gillian slapped Wallowski across the face. Eli and Ria were standing in the doorway, trying so very hard to hold in their laughter. So was Cal.
"Alright ladies. That's enough. Shazzers, we'll testify. Now please leave. You are no longer welcome at The Lightman Group. Next time, you can call."
"What do you see in her, Cal? She's the complete opposite of you. You're practically nothing alike."
"She's my partner and best friend. She's stood by me for the last eight and a half years. She's cleaned up my mess more times than I would like to admit. Apparently you're under the impression that I have feelings for you. I don't. There is nothing between us, Wallowski. Never was, never will be. I love Gill. And only her."
Wallowski didn't say anything else, she just walked out. As soon as she was gone, Gill practically ran from the room.
Cal looked at Loker and Torres.
"Get back to work."
They hurried off and Cal went after Gill.
She had locked herself in her office. Cal could see that she was crying at her desk. He knocked gently on the door.
"Gill? Let me in, love."
"Go away. Please."
"Gillian, you can either open this door or I'll go get my keys and do it for you."
Gillian could tell that Cal wasn't going anywhere so she got up and opened the door.
"Gill, what's wrong?"
"Wallowski. That's what's wrong. I can't stand her."
"Gill, I just told her that she's not welcome here anymore. Don't worry about Shazzers."
"Did you mean it? What you said?"
"Of course I mean it. You know I meant it."
Gillian sighed.
"I know you did. But sometimes I feel the need to ask."
"Are you going to be this pissed for the rest of your pregnancy because if so, we should probably give the world a heads up."
Gillian lightly shoved him in the chest then wiped her eyes.
"I don't feel well." She said suddenly and then she was bent double over the trash can. Cal couldn't do anything but watch helplessly as she threw up her lunch.
Finally, she stood up.
"Think you should call it a day."
"The more upset I am, the worse it gets. Or so it seems. But Cal, this isn't normal."
"I know it isn't, darling. You've kept down four meals in the last week. Everything else comes back up. I don't how you aren't dehydrated yet."
"I've lost twenty pounds in the last four weeks."
"I made you an appointment for tomorrow earlier today. I'm worried about you, Gillian."
"Come with me?"
"Always."