Chapter Twenty Eight - Found

You guys should follow @conTROYEbartomlinson because she's cool I guess.

When her flight landed, Gillian went to the hotel where she knew Cal was staying. She got a room for one night, she'd stay with Cal for the rest of the time they were here. But she didn't want to wake him now, it was three-thirty in the morning. She quickly changed and brushed her teeth before climbing in the bed.

Cal woke up bright and early the next morning. Something for which he wasn't very well known.
He may have gotten up at six-thirty but he didn't manage to make it downstairs until nine. The FBI was already there. They all looked rather grim.
"Do I even wanna know?" He asked Reynolds.
"We found a body dumped outside of the city limits early this morning. It's unrecognizable but based on gender, height and hair color, we think it's Ellis."
"No reason to get all upset about it until we know for sure." Cal said as Ben looked at his phone.
"Um, we do know for sure. I just got off the phone with the coroner. It's Ellis. All of his internal organs are missing."
Ben turned to look back at Cal but he was already gone.

Gillian hadn't bothered to set an alarm. Nobody knew she was here so she wasn't expected to show up at a certain time.
She woke up around nine-thirty. She got up and got ready before heading downstairs to find something to eat.
Gillian ended up buying a chocolate chip muffin and chocolate milk to eat as she walked to what had become case headquarters. It was the same room they'd been in last time they were here. She walked in and immediately spotted Ben Reynolds.
"Ben!"
He looked up in surprise.
"Foster? I thought you were still in D.C."
"I caught a flight last night. Where's Cal?"
"He disappeared an hour ago after..."
"After what?"
"The identity of the body we found was confirmed. It was Hugh Ellis."
"You don't know where he went?"
"No idea. But Amadeo came in about twenty minutes ago. Seemed rather happy about it."
By no means had she ever wanted the man dead, but Gillian understood Amadeo's reaction. Hugh Ellis had been, to put it simply, an asshole.
"What about Poppy?"
"She came asking for Cal right after he left. I did you a favor and sent her in the wrong direction."
Gillian grinned.
"Am I really that bad?"
"Yes. Yes, you are. I heard about Wallowski. And whats-her-face, Sarah. And Zoe."
"Sorry?" Gillian offered though they both knew she wasn't sorry at all.
"Don't worry about it. I personally find great amusement in your jealousy."
"Glad to be of service."

After sitting in his room for a while, Cal headed to the bar. As soon as he saw Poppy sitting on a stool, he tried to turn around and leave but she saw him.
"Come on, Cal." She slurred, patting the stool beside her. She was beyond drunk already and there was no way she'd been here very long.
He sighed in defeat and made his way over.
"You hear about Ellis?" She asked.
"Do you think I'd be down here if I hadn't?"
She shrugged.
"You know he was already dead when they got that phone call? There was nothing you could have done."
"He still didn't deserve to have his organs cut out."
"What exactly was the history between you two?"
"Nothing. We were friends, I screwed up, we weren't. That's how most of my relationships tend to work out. With them leaving."
"Not Dr. Foster." Poppy noted.
"No. Not her." Cal agreed.
In all honesty, Cal didn't know why Gillian had stayed. Over the years he'd pushed her away, made her participate in committing several felonies, nearly gotten himself killed, nearly made the company go under, and treated her like complete shit, but she'd stuck around. He owed her a lot more than she thought he did.

Ben wasn't allowing Gillian to do much other than help the techs at the computer. She was basically just sitting around waiting for Cal. It was now twelve-thirty. She'd tried to call him earlier but he hadn't answered.
Fifteen minutes later, raised voices could be heard as Cal and Poppy made their way towards the room. Gillian couldn't make out what they were saying but they were clearly arguing.
A few seconds later, they walked in side by side. Well, Cal walked, Poppy stumbled. Everyone in the room turned and watched them.
"You can't deny that there was something there when we slept together."
"There wasn't! And even if there had been, that was two years ago!"
Neither of them had noticed Gillian's presence yet.
"So? The flame still burns Cal."
"No, Poppy, it doesn't still burn because it never did."
Cal was getting pissed. Poppy hadn't left him alone since he'd gotten to Vegas, what the bloody hell was her problem?
"Deny it all you want, it was there."
"Poppy, I swear if you don't leave me alone, I'll get a restraining order."
"But then I wouldn't be able to do this."
Gillian's heart stopped when she stepped forward and kissed him.