Chaper 15

We were at a restaurant after a very long, great day. My phone started ringing and I looked at the name, Levi. I smiled. Zeus was staying at his house while we were in Boston. "Hello?" I answered the phone. "Hey! How's Boston going?" He asked. It felt nice to talk to him. I hadn't talked to him a lot and he offered to watch Zeus, so I felt like that was a reason for us to talk to each other again. Maybe we can become close again. "It's great. The first day of PAX just finished like an hour ago and we are eating now. What have you been doing? How's Zeus?" I asked him, starting to stand up so I wouldn't be at the table and on the phone. Soon, I was outside in the cold. "Zeus is fine. He's sleeping now. He's very lazy, I've noticed. I just got home from school, but Mom has been taking great care of Zeus while I was at school. You might not be able to take him back. She already loves him." He said. I knew he was smiling, which brought a smile to my face. "I cannot thank you guys enough for watching him." I said, smiling at the ground so no one would think I was crazy. "That's alright. It's not that big of a deal. But I'll let you get back to your meal. I'll call you tomorrow." He said quickly. It sounded like he was walking. "Alright. Bye." I said quickly and hung up. I walked back inside and to the table, still smiling. It feels good to talk to old friends. Even though me and Levi never really stopped being friends, we just didn't talk as much, which I hated. We've been drifting apart, and now I don't think we are that much. "Who was that?" Simon asked once I sat back down. "Levi. He was just checking in." I shrugged, taking a sip of my drink. "I haven't seen Levi in ages! We should invite him over when we get back home." Josh said excitedly. None of the girls had ever really hung out with Levi before. Freya has met him, but only for a moment. Kay and Isabella hasn't met him. I nodded. I felt Simon's hand find its way to my thigh. I put my hand on his. "I'm so tired." I heard Kay mumble beside me. Her, Freya, and Isabella had done some serious shopping today. They even picked me up a few outfits, which I was really thankful for. Vik patted her back. She was rubbing her eyes, probably ruining her perfect makeup, but she obviously didn't care. She was really tired. Everyone was really tired. "How about we head to the hotel? It's like a half an hour walk." Freya said, yawning. We paid for our food and we were quickly on our way home. The walk was silent for about ten minutes. Then I felt a small tap on my shoulder. I stopped walking and turned around. There was a short woman standing there, a heavy coat on her shoulders. She had her eyebrows furrowed and was examining me. Everyone stopped walking and waited for me. "Excuse me, but do you have a moment to talk?" She asked. I looked back at the group and got a few nods. "Sure." I shrugged. "I'm a medium. Which means a I can communicate with those who have crossed over." She said, nodding to herself. I slowly nodded. I never really believed in mediums or stuff like that. I heard some shuffling behind me, the guys probably scooted closer. "I walked past you and felt something. Have you lost someone? A close friend?" She asked, her eyes were full of worry. My stomach twisted and a lump formed in my throat. "Uh..yeah." I breathed out. "Was it a sudden death? I'm getting a feeling of suddenness and unexpectedness." She said, moving her hands as she spoke. I thought about the car crash Karmyn was in. Tears formed in my eyes just thinking about her. I blinked quickly. "Yeah. A car accident." I said, forcing a small smile. "Something beginning with a 'K'?" She asked. I felt Simon's hand tighten around mine and I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Y-yeah. Karmyn." I said. It felt weird to say her name. We haven't spoken of her. No one has. I still thought of her, just never spoken about her openly. She put her hand on my shoulder. "Something about London?" She asked. "That's where we're from." Simon said. She nodded. "Do you relate to the number 7?" She asked. There were seven members of the Sidemen, her favorite YouTubers and the people who helped her the most. "There's seven people in her favorite group of people." I said, moving my eyes to the ground. "She said you didn't get to say goodbye. She says that she knows how much you love and miss her. She said it's okay that you didn't say goodbye." She said, her hand patting my shoulder. I felt a tear slip out of my eye. I wiped it away quickly. "She also said something about her funeral? You left early or something?" She asked. "Umm..yeah." I breathed out, looking at her again. Her dark brown eyes seemed to be very concentrated. I've never met this woman in my life, and unless she watched my videos, which I doubt she did, she wouldn't know anything about this. "She said that's it's okay and that she would've done the same thing." She said. I wiped another tear and breathed out a small laugh. "She wants you to know that she is proud of you. Very proud. She loves you and she's with you always." She said, patting my shoulder again. I wiped yet another tear. I nodded again, still wiping my watery eyes. "She wants to congratulate you with Simon. Is that you?" She asked, looking at Simon. He nodded, his eyes deep in thought. He squeezed my hand again. "I'll let you get on your way now, just know that Karmyn is with you and she doesn't want you to feel guilty for not saying goodbye. She loves you and she's very proud." She said, removing her hand from my shoulder. More tears fell, and I wiped them quickly. With that, she turned on her heel and walked away. My heart ached and all I wanted to do was cry. I miss Karmyn so damn much, but I just haven't realized I still do. There is no way in hell that that woman could've known about us ditching her funeral early. It wasn't in any videos and I've never seen that woman before. She must've actually been a medium. Something I didn't believe in just minutes ago. Simon's hand left mine and his arm was over my shoulder. "Damn..." Someone's voice said behind me. Simon and I turned back around. Josh was staring at the ground. Kay and Isabella looked very confused, but didn't ask any questions. Freya knew that I had lost my best friend, so she wasn't as confused. "You alright?" Cal asked, coming to my side. I nodded quickly, wiping my eyes again. "Let's just get to the hotel. It's cold." I added, looking down at the ground. With that, we were on our way again. I can't believe that just happened. It made me actually think about Karmyn. I haven't thought about her in a while. I missed her and I always felt guilty about not being able to say goodbye. I guess she knew that. She was with me. Always. I smiled to myself, staring at the ground. I missed her. We all missed her. The sad truth is, we all miss someone. And we just hope that wherever they are, they miss us too. Now I know that she's with me, and I don't have to miss her anymore. I wiped another tear and sighed a little to myself. Today couldn't have been better.

A/N
May or may not be crying right now. I was watching 'Long Island Medium' when I thought of this, so yeah. I hope you guys didn't cry too much. I also hope you all have/had a wonderful day! I love you guys!

See ya! x