Lessons

Kiara

Next day, sun rise...

Daddy and I are sitting at the very top of Pride Rock. Today he finally decides to teach me more about the Pride Lands and its royal subjects. I scan the gorgeous kingdom with curious wide eyes.

I smile, "Wow!"

"Stunning view isn't it?" Daddy asks.

"Yeah. I still can't believe when I'm big and strong this will all be mines like grandma Sarafina had told me."

"And she is right, it will. Only you Kiara can control and guide us all through the great circle of life." Daddy says, looking up at the morning sky. The cool winds blow through his large red mane.

I look up at daddy. He always act so proud of his job.

"Kiara, let me tell you something what my father had once told me. Everything the light touches is our kingdom."

"No way! But that's very large though."

Simba chuckles. "I know."

I look back down at the kingdom watching the zebras walk pass and graze peacefully on the green tall grass. "Except the Outlands of course. Right daddy?"

"Yes. That's beyond the borders, you must never go there Kiara. I'm sure you already have learned your lesson."

"Yeah. That lioness scares me anyway..."

Daddy scoots over to me close, wrapping his big furry arm around. "I won't ever let anything come across and hurt you or your brother. Got it?"

I nod smiling. "Got it, daddy!"

"Now come on, lets go and check on some of the animals making sure things are still in correct order."

"Okay."

Daddy led the way down Pride Rock. I skip happily behind him. A day with only me and daddy always turn out fun.

We walk up to Big Water Springs. A popular river all animals migrate each year.

"Oh look Kiara, crocodiles!" Daddy pointed.

The crocodiles remind me of when Kovu and I had bravely escape from their deadly jaws. I shiver and stayed close by Daddy's side.

The largest crocodile step out of the water and stood a few steps back from Daddy. I guess a safety issue, who knows.

"Good morning your majesty! Is everything okay here?" The deep voice crocodile asks.

Daddy nods. "Good morning and yes, things are okay. I'm just teaching my daughter here about the kingdom. Don't mind us!"

The crocodile looks at me and smile. "Hello princess!"

I wave a paw shyly. "Hi."

"Remember, chin high Kiara!" Daddy whispers.

I close my eyes lifting my chin up high. The crocodile chuckles then turn around returning back to the water.

"Who was that?" I ask.

"That was Makuu, leader of the crocodiles. He's been around a long time since your grandfather's reign."

"Oooooh."

Daddy starts to walk off. I once again skip behind him. We enter the tall plains.

Great, daddy must of forgotten how short I am!