Chapter 5: Blood Slave

"Baby girl you have to run!" My mother cried out, begging me once more to abandon her. I knew what was to happen, yet I said nothing besides, "Why mommy?" My hands stayed glued to her arm, my eyes on her petrified ones, and my lips trembling in fear.

Blood painted her neck like darkness coated the night sky. Her screams of terror echoed in the background, the horror movie I couldn't escape. 

Her grip on my arm tightened, but her body weakened every second she tried to speak or be strong for me. "Because I can't let them take you away, I can't let them hurt you my angel," She breathed, but her lungs weren't working like they should. Her air supply just wouldn't reach them, and she was slowly drowning in her own blood.

"Who take me? Mom who!" I screamed, begging her to answer me, to tell me who hurt her and why she was scared for me. Her eyes slowly shut, grip loosening on my arm and then then fell limp with her last word. "Angel."

..............

"Alright, everyone rise and shine all ho's alike! You've got fifth teen minutes to get your sorry asses out of bed and into the ball room for your assignments. Your time started the moment I spoke," a loud girl cackled evilly through what was to be an intercom throughout the entire dormitories.

Sweat soaked my entire body, my heart pounded inside my chest wildly and silent tears were sliding down. Embarrassed, I wiped them away and crawled out of my bed along with the twins and Beth, who was making her way to the bathroom. "We each have two minutes to take a shower and freshen up. Time starts the moment you enter the bathroom. Dumbfounded I waited for my turn, doubtful that they would follow that plan but needless to say they did. Beth was out in two minutes flat with her torn maid outfit on and her body squeaky clean.

"You're next," She nodded to me. Gratefully I rushed into the bathroom, and the games began. I've never taken such a fast shower in my life, but I managed to get out in two minutes an fifth-teen seconds. Ollie rushed passed me, a look of determination in her eyes and Beth raised an eye brow at me. "You over did your time." I muttered an apology and smoothed out my new uniform.

Yes I just said uniform. It was the same knee length maid outfit that had short, puffy, white sleeves, and a black skirt. I contemplated cutting mine off like Beth's but sadly I doubted I could pull it off as well as she does.

Right on time each of the twins finished their showers and we rushed out of the dorm into the kitchen lounging area. Beth rushed over to a fridge in the corner of the room. At first I thought she was grabbing herself something to eat, but then an apple got chucked right at my face... Thankfully I caught it.

"What the hell?" I scowled, panic was not my first reaction to situations like those. It was anger. "Figured you'd want something to eat. That is our breakfast, fruit. Eat it or don't. I could care less," She shrugged and they rushed out the door. Apple in hand, I ran after them and took a big chunk out of that damn fruit.

............

"Alright everyone here that you see, Master?" Grace's snotty voice filled the room the moment we entered. Chandeliers hung from the ceiling, like stars lighting up the sky, they sparkled.  The room was built in a a gray marble that brought a castle effect on the room. I gathered this was a ball room, possibly a throne room to these monsters. 

Grace stood in the center in the same maid outfit as me( Her skirt was ten times shorter!), holding a clip bored with what I assumed as our chore lists. Her gaze was solemnly rested on Creeper who stood next to her in a charcoal colored dress shirt, and black khakis. She stared at him, hungrily waiting for his response but he paid no attention to her. His eyes were on me...