Chapter 6

A few weeks had gone by since Mark had first shown back in our lives. I was shopping the other day when I bumped into Mark and a petite brunette girl. In their cart was a younger child. Their child.

I walked over to them with a tight smile "hi Mark." I said not taking my eyes off the child who was happily sucking on a lollipop.

"Hello Cameron, this is my girlfriend Leah and my daughter Paige." He introduced me.

I smiled at her "Hello Leah it's nice meeting you."

She shyly smiled at me, before she could talk Mark interrupted "is Jaike here?"

I nodded my head wearily "yeah he is somewhere around here with Parker."

As Mark was about to say goodbye Jaike came up behind me, Jaike said, "well it isn't my brother who I presumed must be dead from the lack of communication."

I bowed my head to his the amusement I had all over my face, Mark responded "I left a note."

Jaike's smile increased "yes you left a note and this beautiful girl behind." He said wrapping his arm around my waist putting his other hand on Parker's shoulder gently squeezing it.
Jaike added, "but that's okay right because she loved me then, it wouldn't have taken long."

I knew Jaike was only egging him on because he was hurt but that comment came out harshly towards me. Mark said, "she never loved you, Jay, she may have liked you but she never loved you."

Jaike's smile only increased "I think we should have a family reunion you know mum, dad, everyone."

Mark gave Jaike a tight sarcastic smile "that is a great idea, this Monday, your place?"

Jaike nodded his head "yes mine and Cameron's the one we share."

That is what I am doing now I am preparing food while Jaike and Parker prepare the house for his family reunion. Although I am happy to see his parents I don't want to be near Mark. I get this funny feeling around him, that feeling isn't butterflies.

Jaike's parents were the first to turn up I gave Margaret, Jaike's mum a hug and whispered in her ear "Mark's coming today."

She gave me a small smile "silly boy, both of them."

I laughed at her "Jaike's bitter about the whole thing whereas Mark is stuck in the past."

She hugged me again patting me on the back "stop worrying about them and worry about the little baby in your stomach."

I smiled at her "Jaike and Parker want to have another boy."

Margaret winked at me and asked "boy or girl?"

I smiled at her "I know it's a girl from what I have read boys lay lower in the stomach but she isn't low."

Margaret put her hands on my tummy "I hope it's a girl so I can spoil her with dolls and everything pink."

Before I could respond there at the door was Mark and Leah. I smiled at them "hello guys."

Leah smiled at us "hello, are you expecting another?" She asked.

I smiled warmly at her "yeah Jaike and I are expecting another."

After I had ushered everyone inside I sent the boys outside to cook the meat whilst the girls finished in the kitchen. As we were putting everything on the table I heard Jaike yell out "you son of a bitch I know the truth."

I went running outside to see Mark under Jaike all of a sudden Mark kneed Jaike in the stomach flipping him on top of Jaike. I went to pull him off of Jaike but Mark pushed me back. I fell on my ass, that's when it kicked in both boys came running over to me. But I pushed Mark away. I whispered to Jaike "we're right, me and the baby are fine now no more fighting."
Jaike quickly nodded his head before slowly helping me up. I stopped him before going inside quickly pecking him I added "our daughter is fine and kicking."

He laughed gently putting his hand on my stomach gently pushing to feel the baby kick "son babe were having a boy ask Parker."

I smiled at him "because you told him it's a boy."

Jaike smiled at me in amusement "I would do no such thing."

I pecked him again before heading inside where Margaret pulled me into her arms "I'm sorry for my boys."

I shook my head at her "stop apologising for your boys they are grown, men."