Broken promises

Chapter 21

Melissa pov

Me and Justin been on good terms lately. There has been no arguments,nothing. He doesn't even spend time on his phone like that which is surprising. Jamal birthday is today and my baby is finally 1. I'm just glad Justin gets to stay for this one.

"Justin where are you?"I asked.

"I'm trying to come home but im at football practice"he said.

"It's Jamal's birthday you can't leave early?"I asked.

"Big game next week so no"he said. I sighed. I really wanted him to be with us.

"Justin really?"I asked.

"Ima see what I can do"he said.

"Alright but in the mean while I'm really about to give this dog away it's ruining my fucking carpets"I said.

"Don't be selfish it's maya's puppy how would she feel if you gave her precious little puppy away? That's not a good mommy"he said. I laughed.

"Baby just hurry your ass home"I said.

"I'll see what I can do,I love you"he said.

"I love you more"I said. I hanged the phone up and got maya cari and Jamal and this puppy. I was about to walk the puppy. I don't want to have a not gigantic party for Jamal I mean he is only 1 he doesn't know what's going on,but the cake was a must. I'm having just close family and friends an I spent about 10,000 on his custom made cake. I haven't spoke to Chelsea nor Catalina in some days and they are dropping by to.

"Maya it's your puppy you walk him"I said.

"Fine"she said grabbing the leash.

"So what did you name her?"I asked.

"Thia"she said.

"That's such a pretty name"I said.

"Mommy where is daddy?"cari asked.

"Daddy is at work"I said. I was hearing da da coming from somewhere. I stopped and saw Jamal saying da da.

"Baby you talking?"I said almost crying.

"Da da da da"he said again.

"No it's daddy same my daddy name right or don't say it at all"maya said.

"You to sassy"I said wiping my face. I hurried up and called Justin.

"Melissa what is it I'm at work -

"Jamal is talking!"I yelled.

"What you mean?"he asked.

"What you mean what I mean?,he is talking his first words are da da"I said.

"Put the phone to his ear"Justin said. I did what he told me to and Jamal was saying it again.

"So where are you?"I asked him.

"I'm on my way home"he said.

"Oh now you wanna come home?"I asked.

"Shut up"he said. I hanged up and we all walked back home. People started arriving. I saw Kayla trey and my love able nephew.

"Hey you guys"I said.

"What's up? Where's the birthday boy"trey asked.

"Right here oh his first words were da da"I said smiling.

"Oh my god! What did Justin say?"Kay asked.

"He is on his way home"I said unlocking the door.

"Yo don't you think that's a big ass cake for a 1 year old?"trey asked.