Prologue Part 1

It all started when Lara was sitting in her English class, bored. She started playing with her dirty blonde hair, when three men in smart, black suits came to her school and interrupted her English lesson. Thank goodness Lara thought. She caught the three men whispering to her teacher.

All of a sudden her English teacher called her, "Lara can you come here please."

"Yes miss?"

"Do you like the maze runner?"

"Er miss do you not hear me talking about it all the time?" Lara's teacher gave her a look. "But yes I really, really like it miss."

"Anyone else?"

"Yeah, Alyssa and Destina"

"Can you go with these three men please."

"Erm okay......." The men were acting really suspicious why did they want to speak to her? And why were they here in the first place?

***

"So we want to see how fans react to meeting the cast and author of the Maze runner, and hopefully see if we should make the Kill Order into a film. We are going to bring them to your school, so you can meet them." One of the three men explained.

Lara's heart stopped, she couldn't believe what she just heard.

"But we need to take a blood sample from each of you."

Lara knew deep down that something was wrong, thoughts and questions were floating in her brain- Why the hell would they need a blood sample? Why did they look like government spies? Why did they choose her Alyssa and Destina? There are loads of people who like the maze runner, like Ingrid and Miriam. And why would they need their reaction to decide on making a film?

But she was too overwhelmed to question these men, she ignored the voices in her head telling her not to trust the men. But she couldn't breathe and instead ran back to class with a goofy grin on her face. Everyone was confused to why she was happy but she ignored everyone and everything.

Later Alyssa and Destina entered the class and the men left, planning on returning tomorrow.

***

The next day came quick – it was the day when the three girls would meet the cast of the maze runner.

When everyone else in her class found out they either rolled their eyes or congratulated her. Lara's best friends noticed her not talking about the maze runner but she was too nervous and hadn't talked to anyone that day.

Then the three men came but no one was with them. They asked to speak to the three girls privately. Lara followed one of the men while Alyssa and Destina each followed the other two men.

"There has been a slight change of plan." Said the man.

Then the man said one of the worst things that left Lara shaking in disbelief and shock.

"We've decided to make a real life version of the maze. And you're going in it!"