Chapter 27

I was up last night trying to finish off the book. Unfortunately I hadn't managed to finish it as I fell asleep but this morning I woke up and finished it off.

I had the way out of here but the strange thing was, it didn't have the end of the book. It's almost if they don't want us to know the end, they don't want us to see how we end up.

I noticed a few things when I was reading it. First off there wasn't much background history on life before Thomas came up. Also I wasn't in the story, Teresa was the first and only girl. Gally was gone by this point, he turned crazy and attacked Newt. I was glad this didn't happen with us because I don't know if I could forgive Gally if he did anything like that. But I was really creepy reading a book on our lives, I don't know if I should be weirded out by this or not.

I walked confidently down to breakfast, I was a bit later than usual but everyone was still having breakfast at this time. I needed to tell everyone fast because this could be our last chance of getting out of here. I knew the code to get out but I needed it to be double checked.

As soon as I entered everyone went quiet and looked at me expectantly. I decided to mess with them a bit so I turned my expression into a sad one and shook my head while looking at my feet. Newt started to approach me and was about to comfort me when I screamed,

"I KNOW HOW TO GET OUT!"

Everyone started cheering and I could see the expressions on everyone's faces, they were happier than they've ever been. I just hope that we weren't given false hope.

I told everyone how the maps were the key. How we are supposed to compare each section with another section, not with the same section.

We were frantically cutting up the maps and putting them together to find the words. Finally after hours of work we were able to find the words I expected to find.

Float

Catch

Bleed

Stiff

Death

Push

They weren't the happiest words in the world but to us they meant everything. We told the rest of the Gladers about out escape. The chances of us running into grievers were high but it could be our only way out of here. Most agreed to come with us but some were saying that this was our home. I was surprised that Gally was leading the group to stay here, he always wanted to get out of here, but I guess the changing really does change you.

We packed our bags ready to escape this place. In my bag I packed water, spare clothes and the code and we each got a weapon. But I felt like I was forgetting something.

There was about 40 of us ready to head out into the maze when Gally and his group stopped us. They argued and argued for us to stay with them but none of us budged. Then it dawned on me, this would be the last time I saw Gally, I know he didn't like me at the minute but I still remember the good times we had together.

So I went up to Gally and gave him a hug. He tensed up at first but then he gave in and hugged me back, it was like having the old Gally back. Then I remembered something.

I ran back to my room and got three books of the Gone series, to keep me entertained when or if we got out of here and I got the first Hunger games book. It was my favourite book for two reasons, it was the first book I had read here and it had one of the best story lines ever.