Chapter Ten

ELLIE

It was finally the day, the day we knew whether the baby was a girl or a boy. We hadn't thought of names yet, not knowing what we wanted them to be.

Jake held my hand while he drove and we pulled into the doctor's office, both of us smiling wide.

We were immediatly called back and I layed down, knowing Dr. Rodrequiz would make me anyways. Jake sat beside me, still smiling and holding my hand.

Four months. I was five months away from giving birth to a beautiful baby. I smiled wider, looking to Jake and mouthing "five months." he squeezed my hand tighter, and I loved the way it felt.

A knock sounded and I told the doctor to come in. She had a smile on her face and she pulled the machine behind her that would tell what my baby was.

I lifted up my shirt as she squirted the cool get onto my growing belly. I didn't gasp quite this loud this time, knowing it was coming. She pressed the stick down on my stomach, keeping a firm grip. It didn't hurt, just felt odd.

She moved it around, trying to see something that wasn't there.

"It's a girl!" I smiled up at Jake and saw his eyes shinning. Reality finally hit him. My eyes filled while I looked at his face. Reality finally hit us both.

We were going to be parents.