3 New Places

The next few months were nothing short of torture. And also something of a routine. It had simple steps: get up, get ready, go to school, come back, study and then go to bed. Her interaction with her father was very minimum. Why wouldn't it be he was in a foreign country far away and was busy working. Still she missed him. Around this time her mom became her best friend, her confidant , her support. She shared everything with her about school and friends and in turn learnt about her family.

She wasn't a very bright student nor very dumb. She was pretty average. Same was her friend circle not many but not few. Also she had more of girls as friends. Maybe from that time itself she unconsciously knew men were dangerous and unpredictable.
We can't say that she struggled during this time. Its just that she grew up more in a single parent environment.

For a child their childhood is the time they make most of their memories and most important friends. These are supposed to be lifetime worth of experience. For every kid the world is still not tainted by the tensions of future and past. They live more in the moment.
But what they are not prepared for are sudden changes. Esha's father came back from Oman having left the job. It was like starting from a point and ending at the same place.
He had bought things for everyone. Each and every member of the family got something except Esha and her mom. Apparently her father's bag was robbed at the airport and thus he had lost what he bought for them.
How funny it looks when people just give excuses to cover their mistakes and faults. They try to blame their luck and the gods for their wrongdoings.
Anyway life has to go on and so it did. Now Esha is 9 years old and in 4th grade. And her father's next job is in Bahrain. And surprise surprise, this time Esha and her mom are going too.