4 Goodbyes

It wasn't that much of a surprise though. Her father had specifically searched for a company which would give family accommodation. All was going good and it looked liked the tension between her parents was almost gone. She was excited to start on this new journey. It was going to be a new place, new people and a new set of friends.
Friends : Everyone makes a lot of friends. Some of them stay for a life time and some are just going to disappear somewhere down the road of life......
It was quite hard leaving her old friends behind but knowing that there will be new friends made it a little easier.
Another complication was that her father was not available to take Esha and her mom with him. In Gulf everyone needs to work for a period of 6 months in probation. So she and her mom had to go alone.

The age of 10 is a time where the child understands what's happening around him/her and has the ability to commit it permanently to memory.

This might be just one of those memories unforgettable.
The journey started pretty normal. Esha and her mom went to her paternal aunt's place as there were no airports near her home. They had an early morning flight with a 5 hours layover in Oman. The journey till Oman was easy as they had some friends and relatives going there with them but they were on their own from Oman to Bahrain.
The 1st part of the excitement was the airport. To Esha's mind it was the single most exquisite place on earth. 2nd the variety in food. There were so many items she didn't even know the names of. 3rd the currency notes and conversion rates.
A small incident in the airport still makes her smile. 4 hours had already passed and Esha was hungry but being in a country where no one understood their language and they didn't know the names of food items available. So after much deliberation Esha and her mom approached the duty free to buy crossiants. They didn't know the pronunciation so they just indicated at the food. The cashier hepled them to get their currency exchanged and buy. Next problem was self service. In India its rare to see people take things on their own from small shops but aboard most shops have self service system. So when the duty free staff made no move to give them the items that they needed Esha's mom was a little taken aback. But she overcame it and thus started the journey of learning how things work outside your comfort zone.
One thing you will learn in life is that nothing always stays in your comfort zone. So be prepared to accept whatever comes your way and make the best use of it.