15 Hello Shifa

Esha was introduced to Shifa by a mutual friend in the school. She was the most kind hearted friend Esha had met. Infact she is one of those rare gems still in her life. They clicked on the 1st meet and Shifa kind of adopted Esha into her small knitted group. It was fun to be in the class with them. They shared a bond close to family. They didn't let Esha feel she was new and from a rival school. She soon got used to sitting at lunch and sharing the gossips of the day.
They had special moments within the group.. One girl specifically was a mess. Fuzzy was the class monitor,but also the only girl no one listened to. The teachers loved her though and sometimes made her run so many errands that she barely had lunch... Most times Shifa ran behind her to feed her lunch. Then there were other times when Fuzzy dropped her water all over the floor and the economics teacher pulled her leg seeing the wet floor.
Then there was Sami... She had a different class but that never stopped her from coming to Esha's class whenever she was free. She had all the news of what's happening in the School. It looked like she had connections all over.
Their group just missed one girl who had apparently gone back home the same month Esha joined. She didn't know much about the girl except that her name was kitty.
Esha was pretty soon very close to Shifa. They even started to swap songs and books to read collections. Esha was a song hoarder and Shifa loved reading. Infact the 1st novel that Esha read instead of children's books was a recommendation of Shifa. Slowly, slowly Esha started getting into more books. To a point where now her phone has more books than contacts... Ebooks became a way to pass time and libraries the best shopping place. And as for Shifa she still had the 1st list of songs that Esha gave her written on a paper.
Lunch time also became famous for Biscolata fights. This was a favorite among the group and ended up being fought over. Also it was the time for book discussions. Shifa and Esha always shared the books they read and commented on the suggestions. Although after a time it turned to blind faith that the suggestions would be perfect as they knew each other well by then. Infact till date it is the ritual to ask for book suggestions....
That wasn't the only best thing though. Somehow being quite opposite of each other in overall ideology about life, they kept their friendship going. Thinking back to it Esha respects Shifa's grounded behavior and visa versa. The friendship meant something to them. It overcame the distance between them while living in the different countries. It managed to mould them to exactly fit the other. They neither fought nor did they leave. No secrets and every happiness shared. Its really hard where you sustain a long distance relationship, its even harder to sustain a long distance friendship. It has a lot of eniemies like new friends, time gap, family, studies etc. But Esha could say one thing proudly with Shifa she never had to worry about distance, they were bound by their love for books and their love for each other...