Chapter 28

Ashley's POV

I woke up wondering how I got in my bed. The last time I checked, I was sound asleep in Niall's car. I walked into the bathroom and immediately I lifted the toilet seat and just puked. I got up and wiped my mouth with a clean towel. I walked downstairs and spotted my mom.

"Ash are you okay? You're really red," she asked.

"I just puked,"

"Oh honey, sit down! Let me get the thermometer and check your temperature," she said as she ran to the drawer and pulled out her thermometer.

She raced over to me, "Open wide,"

I opened my mouth and she placed the thermometer under my tongue.

"This isn't good. You've got a fever,"

"A fever? How?"

"I'm not sure, but your temperature is at 110 degrees. You need to stay home and rest today,"

"Okay," I walked upstairs and slept.

Liam's POV

I walked into the building expecting to see Ash. I wanted to talk to her about last night. Instead I saw Niall looking just as confused as I was.

"Hey Liam, you seen Ash?" he asked as he walked up to me.

"Actually, no, but uh..,"

"What?"

"I had called her phone last night and you answered. I had planned on telling her something yesterday, so I was wondering do you have anything planned with her? I'm not trying to get blown off again,"

"Whoa dude, chill. I just wanted to spend some quality time with her because I haven't seen her in a while. You seem jealous. Are you jelly welly?"

"Why would I be jealous?"

"You're not slick. At all. I know you like her,"

"So what if I do,"

"Well if you do, you better tell her about your little lie,"

I came across fear and curiosity at his response. I hoped he wasn't talking about the secret I was thinking about.

I pulled him aside until no one could see us.

"What lie?"

"You know with Lindsey," he said with a smirk splattered across his face.

"How the hell did you find out?"

"You didn't actually think Isaiah wouldn't tell me. Did you?"

I grabbed him by his shirt an pushed him against the wall. My anger got the best of me.

"Listen I swear if you tell anyone, so help me god I will-,"

"You better tell her before I do, because once she finds out from me instead of you, you'll have no chance, and guess what the best part is. I will,"

"Back off! You have a girlfriend!"

"And I believe you do to, but that doesn't keep you away. Right?"

He pushed me off of him, making me fall to the ground.

"Bye now little Liam. Good luck," he snickered as he walked away to his first period.

I never knew I could really have so much hate for a person I didn't really know that well. He was trouble and I needed him away from Ash. I knew she'd hate me if I told her, but she'd hate me even more if it didn't come from me. I knew what I had to do and I would just have to man up and do it.