Chapter 61

"Okay, I think you'll be good skating in your converse, but I'm gonna change into my vans. I'll be back."

I ran into my house and straight upstairs.

I walked into my room and began searching for my yellow vans. I had about a good 8 pair. Black, red, yellow, green, blue, orange, pink, and purple.

I finally found my yellow vans and I removed my tan UGGS. I slid on my vans and ran downstairs to the garage.

I hadn't been in this garage for ages.

It was still set up as if it had never been touched.

In the left corner, near the wall, was Isaiah's stuff that he had brought over. In the middle of the room, on the back wall, laid some old family stuff. And in the right corner, near the wall, was my stuff. My collection of longboards and penny boards and old records; like Journey, Foreigner, and ACDC. Those were the best.

"You okay?" I jumped at the sound of Liam's voice.

"Dammit! Don't do that!"

"My bad, my bad. I just came in here to check on you. You were taking a while."

"I'm fine. You can go back."

"Wait, is that.. Is that you?" Liam asks as he rushes over to my pile of old junk.

I follow behind him and push him away from my stuff.

"No! You don't need to see any of this."

"Why not? I'm your boyfriend. I should be able to see stuff like this."

"I don't give a shit who you are, get the hell away from this."

"Ash, let me see. Please?"

"..."

Liam pushes past me and begins searching through the boxes.

"Lacrosse player, aye?"

"Obviously if I have an award for it."

"You must be pretty darn good if you have like 8 million lacrosse trophies with 'number one' across them."

"I was."

"Was? What happened? You don't play anymore?"

"Yea. I don't play anymore. I stopped when in 9th grade."

"Why?"

"Don't worry about it."

"Ash. Don't play that card right now. Open up to me."

"I was the best player on the team and one day before a game, something terrible happened."

"What happened?"

"The girls on the team were really jealous of me, so before a game they locked me into the locker room with them and a few football players."

*Flashback*

"Go at her, boys." One of the girls from the team said.

I was scared out of my mind and I was confused.

The boys raced over to me and just started attacking me.

I started screaming and crying as they tried to peel off my clothes.

"If you'd quit the team you wouldn't have this happen to you!"

"I'll quit! Please! Get away from me!" I cried.

"Get off of her!" A boy popped into the room, I guess from the showers.

It was Niall!

The boys stopped messing with me at the sound of his voice.

"Hey little cunt. If you'd just get out of here and say you never saw this, you won't get hurt."

"And if you get off of her and get the hell away from her, we won't have any dead bodies here."

"You won't do shit."

Niall immediately went into attack mode as he ran straight over to the football player and connected his fist with his jaw.

I let out a loud scream as the football player rammed Niall into the locker and began punching him.

"Please! Get off of him!" I screamed.

I was confused and scared! What if someone ended up dead!

"Shut the hell up! He's just doing his job." One of the girls snapped at me.

I tried to turn my body to where I couldn't see this happen, but the girls pinned me against the locker.

"You get to watch your little friend get murdered by hand."

Tears rushed down my face. I couldn't watch this.

Niall twisted the player's arm as he true to punch him once more. Niall then gained control of the player's body. He pushed him onto the ground and began brutally punching him.

The player lets out a loud cry as Niall punches him in the nose.

"You two! Open the door, now!" Niall forces the other two players that were in here.

They ran to the door and opened it up.

Niall ran over to me and pushed the two girls off of me.

"She'll quit. Just stay away from her and get lost, cunts."

The two other players picked up... Mike? I think it was, and carried him out of the room, the two girls followed.

"Did anyone hurt you?" Niall asked as he pulled me into him.

"They just ripped up my jersey and left a couple of scratches. The question is, are you okay?"

"Yea, I'm fine."

"Thank you so much for stopping them, even if it meant you getting hurt."

"Well, what can I say? I love you, Ash! I'd take a bullet for you!"

"I love you too."

Niall picked me up and carried me outside where he called my mom to take me home.

*Flashback over*

"Ash.. I.. I'm so sorry.."

"Don't be. It's over, that was years ago."

Liam pulls me into him as he wraps his arms around me.

"As long as you're okay."

I pull away from his warmth. I wasn't really in the affection mood.

"H-How, about we grab these boards and get going. I'm really excited."

I hop up and walk over to my board collection. I grab two regular boards.

"Uh, okay. I think we're ready now! Lets go!"