Chapter 56

Ashley's POV

"Morning, Love," a familiar voice whispered to me.

I opened my eyes to see a shirtless Liam smiling at me.

"Y-You spent the night?" I asked, not remembering much of last night.

"Yes, I also slept in here,"

"My mom let you sleep in here?"

"I don't think she knew about it though,"

"Oh. Wanna make some breakfast? I think my mom left for work already,"

"Wait, what time is it?"

I grab my phone off the desk and check the time.

"7:30,"

"Shit! My mom wakes up at 6:00!"

"Why's it such a problem?"

"I'm grounded, remember?"

"Well, you need to hurry back home so you can get your clothes on for school!"

"...I'm suspended,"

"Oh yea! Do you think she's noticed?"

"Probably not, but I have to get Terra's truck back, she's gonna be pissed,"

"I'll skip school. Maybe we can talk your mom into letting you hang out with me today,"

"I already know the answer, 'hell no',"

"I've got a plan!"

"What is it?"

"Why don't we get you back home and when your mom leaves for work, we ditch the house and go do whatever!"

"Smart thinking! Lets go!"

I slid on my new coat, not the ragged one, and Liam and I raced out the house and straight to Terra's car.

****

We pull into Terra's driveway to see her pacing back and forth. I'm guessing she's panicking over the car. We hop out and she charges towards us.

"WHAT THE HELL LIAM! I SAID BACK BY '10:00' , NOT 7:00 IN THE MORNING!"

"Chill! I crashed at Ash's and didn't notice the time, I'm sorry," Liam says calmly.

"UGH! WHATEVER! YOU COULD'VE MADE ME LATE!"

She snatched the keys out of Liam's hand and cranked the car. She drove away.

"I know you love her and all, but she can be a complete psycho,"

"I know," I laughed.

We ran to Liam's backyard and walked up the steps of his back porch, leading to his bedroom window.

"Why the hell did I leave my window open," Liam mumbles to himself.

He manages to get through his window and into his room.

He lends his hand to me. As I grab it, he pulls me up.

"Okay, you have to hide in the closet now," he whispers.

I run into his closet, that is probably the biggest mistake ever. It smells like shit.

"Ugh! Liam! What the hell died in here?" I whisper-yell to him.

"It's called boy funk. Get used to it,"

"Ugh!"

He covers up and prepares himself for his mother to walk in any second.