The Night Sky

A couple years later:

The third Hokage summoned Tenzo to his office. "I want you and Kakashi, who is late to go to the hidden stone village. Something strange is going on there and i want you to figure out what it is,"

"Yes, third Hokage," Tenzo replied, bowing his head in respect.

"Sorry i'm late," Kakashi said entering the room.

"Your partner will fill you in on your way. Leave now." The third Hokage said sending the two men off.
They fled the village quickly. Tenzo than filled Kakashi in on the mission. The duo ran in silence as the sky turned from yellow, to crimson, and quickly to the dark blue that Tenzo was always fond of. The sound of crickets chipped and the rustle of leaves as they jumped from branch to branch. Tenzo always loved the little things.

"Should we stop?" Kakashi asked, breaking the silence as Tenzo replied with a nod.

As they descended to an open area, both ensured that the area was safe and begun to set up camp for the night.

Tenzo crouched down begining to build the fire as the silver haired man caught his attention. Even though he had only met him a couple of years ago, he felt a sense of appreciation towards him.

Kakashi carried over the sticks that would nourish the fire. He let out a deep sigh and removed his Anbu mask. He than sat on the ground across the fire pit from Tenzo and removed the mask that covered half his face. The Anbu member exhaled heavily into the night air, feeling a cool breeze rush over his bare face. Looking up he realized Tenzo was staring at him with wide eyes. "You okay? You're staring at me," Kakashi asked awkwardly unraveling the wraps from around his forearms.

"No... Nothing..." Tenzo stammered, returning his gaze to the fire. "You just don't look like what I expected," the brunette poked at the fire as he felt heat rise to his cheeks.

"Well, what did you expect?" Kakashi asked getting up and moving closer to the other.

"I don't know!" Tenzo closed his eyes inwardly, begging the other not to come any closer. "I just didn't think you would..." Tenzo looked at the other and felt his breath stop. His heart pounded in his chest as little butterflies fluttered in his stomach, begging to be released. The light flickered over Kakashi's face, making him the most beautiful man he had ever seen.

"Is it bad?" Kakashi asked breaking Tenzo's thought.

"No! Not at all!" Tenzo spoke defensively catching himself off guard as he felt himself blush. He was glad it was dark, hoping Kakashi hadn't noticed his red face. "You're just, well, really attractive."

"Thanks!" Kakashi chuckled "you're not too bad yourself," the older man nudged him playfully on the shoulder.

Tenzo didn't know if he should be taking that as a compliment or an insult, but he didn't care. He just thought about Kakashi's smile and the laugh that is now stuck in his head. He lied down to look at the night. The moon and the stars peacefully in the sky. He was distracted when he felt a warm hand join with his.

"What are you doing?" Tenzo asked, without pulling his hand away.

"Looking at the sky with you," Kakashi said turning to be only a few inches away from the others face. He just stared at Tenzo's face for a while as the younger man was looking up at the sky, not daring to look at Kakashi.
"Do you mind?" Kakashi said with a smile as he turned his head to look back at the dark blue sky.

"No. It's okay," Tenzo said faintly as he started to drift asleep.