A New Love and a Lost One

Tenzo woke up feeling sick. He was tucked into bed but Kakashi wasn't next to him. He went out to the kitchen and saw a bright yellow paper. There was a note from Kakashi.

Tenzo,
I went out to meet Naruto. I'm making dinner tonight.
Kakashi.

The note made Tenzo smile. It made him feel better. "I knew it. That wasn't Kakashi last night. Why would he make dinner for me if we weren't okay." Tenzo said out loud in the empty apartment. Tenzo was getting bored after cleaning himself up, he decided to invite Akio, his Anbu team mate, over to his house. He went around the apartment cleaning up shirts and pants that were on the floor, and dishes that were left out on the table. He remembered Akio doesn't have any source of communication, so he headed for Akio's home. "Hey Akio, are you busy?" Tenzo said to the younger man.

"No. Why?" Akio asked with a smile.

"I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out at my place."

"Just come in you're already here," Akio said gesturing to the inside of his apartment.

"Are you sure I'm always coming over here. You never come over to my house," Tenzo said walking inside the tiny apartment and sitting down on the couch.

"Ya it's fine," Akio said."I have my reasons not to go to your house," he added quietly so Tenzo wouldn't hear him.

The apartment was small. There wasn't much space. The bedroom and bathroom were separated by walls and doors but the rest of the house was one big room. There were large windows above the couch which lit up the room and the walls were painted a grey colour.

Akio walked over to the fridge and brought Tenzo something to drink.
"Here," Akio said handing Tenzo the cold drink.

"Thanks. How was your day?" Tenzo asked Akio who was now sitting across from drinking his drink. They talked about each other's day until the subject of the kiss came up. "So, I thought it was them but I know it's not. Kakashi is making me dinner."

"Are you sure it wasn't them?" Akio asked with a concerned look.

"Of course it wasn't them. You know nothing about Kakashi," Tenzo said protectively.

"I don't want to know anything about him I don't like that man," Akio said making the words that man seem harsh and cold.

"That man is my boyfriend!"

"Exactly why I hate him. How oblivious can you get Tenzo! I love you!" Akio confessed walking over to the now wide eyed man. He turned Tenzo to look at him and kissed him deeply. For a moment Tenzo kissed back but than pushed Akio away.

"Wh- why!?" Tenzo said in shock.

"As I said, I love you and will wait for you."

"I'm with someone. He's probably already home. Um. Bye." Tenzo said as he got up and left the building.

Tenzo was feeling confused. 'He loves me and kissed me. What about Kakashi? Was that really him last night? I'll ask him at dinner' Tenzo ran all the way home until he reached his apartment. Kakashi was his first and only love. When he entered the house he saw Kakashi's shoes and another familiar pair. 'Iruka's here!' His mind yelled. He was to afraid to enter the house and for what he might see.

"Hey Tenzo, you home. I made stew," Tenzo heard Kakashi say. Tenzo conjured up all his confidence and took all his courage to enter the room. When he entered he saw Iruka and Kakashi sitting next to each other and see on the table.

"Why is Iruka here?" Tenzo said harshly looking at Iruka with anger.

"I'll give you a moment," Iruka said standing up and going into the bedroom.

"Why is Iruka here?" Tenzo asked again with anger in his voice.

"He's helping me move into my new apartment. I'm leaving." There was a pause. Kakashi was waiting until that sunk in.

"What? Why?" Tenzo said confused.

"I'm leaving because I want to be with Iruka. I realized that I love him."

'He never said he loved me before. Why is he confessing about someone else. Did he never love me?' Tenzo thought as more and more thoughts raced through his head. "What's so good about Iruka? What does he have and I don't," Tenzo asked as tears started to run down his face.

Kakashi went and brought Iruka back to the living room. "There is nothing wrong with you, but I just live him." Tears were now running down his face like a waterfall and he snapped. Tenzo punched Iruka straight in the face making the smaller man fall to the ground. "Sorry Tenzo but I'm leaving." After Kakashi said this he helped Iruka up and they left Kakashi's old home.

'I lied to myself. How could it not be them,' Tenzo thought as he sat on the edge of his bed with his elbows on his knees and head in his hands. When he calmed down he decided to go get a drink of water. As he was drinking his drink a thought popped in his head. 'I... Just... Love... Him.' Those words kept running in his head and he threw his glass of water at the wall in front of him making the glass shatter into a bunch of pieces. He went to go pick up the pieces when he heard the door bell ring.