Midnight Mumbles

Kakashi was thinking about the past. How Tenzo was when they first met. He was emotionless because the foundation teaches the members not to feel. He worried about Tenzo some days. Kakashi has tried to show his feelings towards the brunette, but his attempts, as he thought were pushed away and forgotten about. He would not let this happen again.

By the time Kakashi fazed back into thought, the sky was pink and the sun almost gone. They were near the hidden waterfall village, so they ended up finding camp in a small patch in the woods near a waterfall and stream.

"Are you okay? You haven't said anything all day," Tenzo said turning to look at Kakashi as he laid out his bed roll.

"Ya. I'm fine. I was just thinking about some stuff," Kakashi said while standing up and walking over to the stream, taking both his masks off. He crouched at the edge of the water and splashed cold water over his face. He felt bare without his masks, but he enjoyed it.

"You didn't answer me," Tenzo said standing behind the crouched man.

"What did you say?"

"What were you thinking about?" Tenzo restated as Kakashi stood up to be a few inches from him.

"You," he said as the duo walked away from the rushing water.

"Me!" Tenzo was shocked by what was just said to him.

"Ya, about when we met."

Little did Kakashi know that Tenzo fell in love with him when he saved him from the foundation. Tenzo could remember every detail of that night. The moon was full, and the sky so clear you could see every star in the sky, the way Kakashi's silver hair moved with the wind and how the night sky illuminated his jaw and face. 'Maybe that's why I love the night, because it reminds me of that night, and of him' Tenzo thought. He wanted to tell Kakashi how he felt long ago, but could never gather up the courage to tell him.

"Ka-" "Ten-" they said at the same time.

"Nevermind, it's okay. It wasn't that important. What were you going to say?" Tenzo said shyly to Kakashi

"You can't just say nevermind!" Kakashi said with a glare.

Tenzo had to make something up fast before he blurted that he loved him. "I. Uh. Wanted to tell you I was thinking about when we met too." It wasn't a complete lie but Kakashi believed what he said. Tenzo thought about the night before and how they held hand. He was confused, 'does Kakashi feel the same way as me?' Tenzo thought.

"Oh. Okay." Kakashi wanted Tenzo to tell him how he felt.

"I'm going to sleep. Tommorow we will reach the hidden stone village so I want to be ready for anything," Tenzo said as he laid down in his bed roll and fell asleep to the rushing of the water.

"Okay. Night," Kakashi said putting out the fire that once illuminated the area around them. Kakashi also laid down in his bed roll. He was facing Tenzo who was out cold. Kakashi couldn't help but stare as he heard Tenzo mumble a bit and than heard him say " Kakashi... I..lo-..you" and than a few more grumbles as he rolled over onto his side.

Kakashi's eyes widened and his face turned bright red. He thought he couldn't sleep before, but now he really couldn't. 'He loves me! Should I say something?' Kakashi thought to himself as he looked into the cloudy night sky which held a full moon and barley any stars. He decided that he would wait until the end of the mission was over to tell Tenzo how he felt. Kakashi's heart was beating a mile a minute he was so happy. He leaned over and kissed the top of the sleeping mans head. "Goodnight" he said with a whisper and fell asleep with little worries.

[[The next chapter is called The Fight]]