Maddie + Diggie II Liv and Maddie

I was in the backyard practicing for my basketball game. It was the biggest game of the season. We were playing against The Panthers. They always won every game they played. I was practicing with my dad (who was our basketball coach) but I couldn't help think of Diggie. This was the first time he would miss our final game of the season. I couldn't help but think about the time before he left to Australia. Our faces were just centimetres apart but we both pulled away. A tear rolled down my cheek.

"Maddie, are you okay?" My dad asked. 

"I-i I'm fine," I lied. "I just need to take a break for a bit."

"Okay," my dad said. "Just tell me when you want to practice again" I ran into my house. There was no one in the living room. I ran up to my room. I laid down on my bed. I saw the big teddy bear Diggie won for me at the carnival. I took it and punched it really hard.

"WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME??" I cried. I thought about the time when Diggie visited from Australia. 

"Okay let's make a promise that we have to keep," Diggie said. 

"Okay," I said smiling. 

"Promise that when I get back from Australia that you'll pick me up from the airport," Diggie said.

"Deal," I said. "Promise that you'll come to the final game of the season."

"Deal. Pinky promise?" Diggie said putting up his pinky.

"Pinky promise," I said linking my pinky to his. We just sat there for a while. Pinky in pinky. I looked at him. I didn't want him leave. Diggie pulled his pinky away and checked his watched.

"Um.. I have to go now or I'll be late for my flight," Diggie said.

"Okay," I said kind of sad. I put my arms out for a hug. Diggie hugged me for a split second and left. That night I cried myself to sleep.

I sobbed thinking of that moment. I laid on my bed crying. I thought of every moment we had together. I heard a knock at the door. 

"Maddie, are you okay?" My twin sister Liv said while standing behind the door. "Can I come in?"

"Yea just come in. It's your room also," I said. Liv came in. She swallowed me in a warm hug.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"I was just thinking about Diggie," I said trying not to cry. "He promised me that he would come to the final game of the season." I started crying more and more.

"You know what," Liv said. "We're gonna go downstairs, watch The Notebook and eat pints of ice cream." I smiled. I have the best sister ever. 

When we were watching The Notebook, Liv and I were bawling our eyes out. I heard a knock at the door. Who would be coming here at 10:00 pm? I ran to the door and opened it. There stood the boy.

The boy who I broke up with.

The boy who broke my heart.

The boy who made me cry for hours on end.

It was Diggie.

"Hey Rooney," Diggie said. "I promised." He held out his arms. I  jumped into his arms. It felt like coming home. He was here. 

"Um.. come in," I said awkwardly. He went in. Liv just stared at us awkwardly.

"I'm gonna leave now," Liv said. When Liv left, Diggie and I sat on the couch.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well I promised that I would come to the final game of the season, didn't I?" He said. I just wanted to hug him so bad.

"Do you want to practice for the game?" I asked. We went to the backyard (which is also a basketball court). We started playing basketball. The score was 5-0. I kept missing my shots because he was there. His beautiful hair, his hazel eyes. 

"Hey Rooney, do you want to take a break?" He asked. We sat down at a bench. He took of his varsity jacket. 

"I believe this is for you," He said. I turned into a red tomato. He put the jacket on me. When he touched my shoulders, the butterflies in my stomach started to flutter. He just stared at me. 

"What?" I asked smiling. 

"Nothing," Diggie said. "You're just so beautiful." I giggled and blushed. We both just stared at each other. Our faces got closer and closer. Our lips were just millimetres apart. I caressed my lips onto his. I held onto his face. The butterflies in my stomach were fluttering. My eyes were closed. I felt something. I didn't know what it was but I didn't want it to end. Diggie pulled away and stared into my eyes.

"I love you Maddie Rooney," Diggie whispered.

"I love you too Diggie Smalls," I whispered back.

A/N: AHHHH MIGGIE!! I don't really watch Liv and Maddie a lot and I haven't caught up on season 3 but I ship Miggie so hard. It just makes me happy that they're dating in real life. In this story they broke up but still have a lot of feelings for each other.