Mommy, Who's That?

(A/N: This takes place a couple of years after the House season finale. This will contain spoilers so read at your own risk.)

L I S A  C U D D Y   P O V 

I was at a restaurant with my 11-year-old child, Rachel. 

"Mommy," she said. "Who's that?" She pointed to a man around his late 40's early 50's. I didn't recognize him.

"I don't know, honey," I said to her. "Why?"

"He was staring at us before," she said. I was confused. I turned around to take a closer look at that guy. I think I recognised him. I realised

It's him.

The guy who's heart I broke.

The guy who crashed his car into my living room.

It was House.

"House?" I said quietly. He stared at me. I guess it wasn't that quiet.

"Cuddy?" He said. He walked over to me. 

"Aren't you supposed to be dead?" I asked. 

"Aren't you supposed to be in New York?" He said.

"What are you doing here? Foreman told me that you died," I said confused. Was he resurrected? Was this just in my mind? No, Rachel saw him. "Are you real?" I stood up.

"Lisa," he said in a soothing voice. "It's me." I stood up. He walked closer to me. No, it can't be him. He ruined my life. 

But I still love him.

I went to him to take a closer look. His facial hair, his cane, his limp, his baby blue eyes. I put my hand on his face expecting just air. I felt his stubble. It really was him. 

"Mommy," Rachel said. "I thought you didn't know him."  I just ignored her comment. He put his hand over mine.

"Lisa," he said. "Why did you leave?" Suddenly, nostalgia hit me. All those mean comments he said to me, always manipulating me. 

"I left you because," I said trying to keep calm. "I thought you would be happier without me. You went back to drugs after our break up. You were depressed. I didn't want to see you like this."

"Lisa, whenever I'm around you, I'm happy, whatever that is," he said. I laughed a little bit. "Even if we're in a relationship or not, you make me feel something, something I can't explain. I went to jail for a year after you left. All those months in jail, I thought, she won't be there when I get back and that made me heartbroken." I smiled.

"Do you want to sit with us?" I said to him. 

"Sure," he said.

"Mommy," Rachel said. "Who's this?"

"This is House," I said.

"Hi Rachel," he said smiling. "You've gotten so big. Last time I saw you, you were only three years old."

"I'm 11 now," she said.

A/N: GUYS I FINISHED HOUSE YESTERDAY AND A PART OF ME IS DEAD INSIDE. I'm sorry for being inactive, I'm not really in the mood for writing. I'm going to try to update my other book soon. Vote if you like these one shots!