New Years. Part 1

Riley and I have been dating for 11 years. We've been through so much together. Heartbreaks, friendships, first loves, exes and way more. After we finished university at NYU, we moved in together. I loved her ever since I first laid eyes on her. I still love her like I did 11 years ago - wait I love her more then I did 11 years ago. 11 years ago I never knew that this feeling I felt for Riley would be stronger. But it is. She makes me a better person I was. I walked up to Riley's parents' door. I knocked. Riley's mom, Topanga opened the door.

"Hi Lucas," she said. "Riley's not here."

"I-i know," I said nervously. "I-i want to talk to you and Mr. Matthews."

"Ok," Topanga said. "Come in."

"Who is it?" I heard Riley's dad, Cory said.

"It's just Lucas," Topanga replied. I walked into the room. I sat down on the couch next to Cory and Topanga.

"Mr. and Mrs. Matthews-" I said nervously.

"Please, call us Cory and Topanga," Topanga said.

"Okay, um, Cory and Topanga," I said nervously. My hands were shaking. "Riley and I have been dating for 11 years a-and I love her. And I want that love to be permanent." I took a deep breath.

"Can I have your blessing to marry your daughter?" I said. It was such a relief to let that out.

"Of course," Topanga said.

"You're basically part of the family anyways," Cory said. I smiled. I'm allowed to marry the girl I love. 

"Can we see the ring?" Topanga said. I took out the box and gave it to Topanga. Cory and Topanga looked at it in awe.

"How many karats is this diamond?" Cory asked.

"Well my mom bought a 4 karat diamond for me when I was really young so I could just put it my engagement ring," I said. "Do you think she'll like it?"

"Of course!" Cory said. "When are you going to pop the question?"

"Well were going to Times Square tomorrow for New Years," I said. "I was thinking that 30 seconds before the ball drops, that I would propose and by the time she gave me the answer it would be the New Year."

"Aww," Topanga said. "That's so romantic. I just proposed to Cory on our high school graduation." I checked the time on my watch. Riley would be home in an hour.

"I better go now," I said. "I don't want Riley to worry about me." We said our goodbyes and I left. 

A/N: WOO NEW ONE SHOT. This is going to be in 2 parts so it's not too long. The next part will be the most romantic.