Sleepover.

R I L E Y   P O V

It was May 13. School had just ended and Maya and I were just walking to Auggie's school to pick him up. We were going to have a sleepover since it was Friday. Maya and I were talking about history class and suddenly I felt something fall on my head and bounce to the floor. I looked down and saw that it was a green ball with a big smiley face on it. We stopped walking.

"What's that?" Maya asked.

"I don't know," I answered. I bent down and took the ball.

"Put it back," Maya said.

"No, it's kind of cute," I replied. I put it in my bag. We walked to Auggie's class.

When we got home, we ran to my room and did our homework. I was taking my math textbook and the ball fell out of my bag. I realised how squishy it was and it felt stress relieving. I did my homework while squeezing the ball. Maya stole it from me a couple of times. I heard a knock on my door and put the ball on my nightstand.

"Come in!" I said. My mom opened the door.

"Auggie, your dad and I are going to Dewey's house. We might be home a little bit late. Here's some money for pizza and remember to call us if you need anything," she said. "Stay out of trouble!"

"We will," Maya and I said in unison.

It was 6:30. Maya and I were finished with our homework so we decided to order some pizza online. Once we were done ordering pizza, we decided to watch some movies.

"We should watch a horror movie because it's Friday the 13th," Maya suggested. I agreed and we chose to watch Insidious: Chapter 2. We popped some popcorn and the pizza delivery came. We huddled on the couch and started watching the movie. I squeezed Maya's arm really hard during the scary parts.

"Where did you put the ball?" Maya asked.

"I put it in my room on my nightstand," I replied.

"Then why is it on the table is in front of us?" Maya said. I looked at the table in front of us and saw the ball there, the smiley face staring directly at us.

"I probably brought it accidentally," I answered. We continued on watching the movie while eating pizza and popcorn. When we go to the part in the movie when they went into The Further, I noticed the ball was starting to roll towards us.

"Maya," I said frightened. "The ball is rolling towards us."

"It's just the wind from the open windows," Maya said unfazed.

"None of the windows are open," I said worried. Maya and I embraced closer while the ball was rolling closer toward us. It bounced off the floor and onto the couch. We screamed. Maya pushed the ball away but it still came back to us. All of a sudden, my phone started ringing. I took my phone and my hand started shaking. It was a blocked number. I answered and all I heard was static.

"Hello?" I said. My voice was shaking. I looked over at Maya and she look frightened. No one said anything and suddenly it hung up.

"That was so fucking creepy," Maya said. Maya never swears, only when she's scared. The ball was sitting next to me, the smiley face adjacent to me. I stared at it with fear in my eyes. I think it senses it.

"RiiLLlllEYyYYyyYY," I heard someone whisper.

"Maya?" I said anxiously. "Is that you?" I looked next to me and no one was there.

"MAYA?" I yelled I ran to my room and saw a body laying on my bed. There was blood surrounding it. I was too scared to get closer. It can't be Maya, it can't be. I walked up to the bed and saw a decapitated body with blood pouring out of the neck. The ball was It was wearing the same clothes Maya was wearing. It can't be Maya. I saw that she was wearing our friendship ring. Shit. There was a note in her hand. I opened her hand and opened the note.

"Be smiley Riley

It's always smiley in Rileytown."

A/N: I decided to make a creepy one shot in honour Friday the 13th. I hope you like it.