Chapter Seven

"So where are we headed?" I ask Tig as everyone starts to file out of the club house.

"It's a nice night, Tommy. Thought we'd throw a party over at TM. Lock the gate, get sloppy drunk, get laid and have an all-around great time."

"What's TM?" I wonder as I follow him and the others down the stairs.

Tig stops and pulls me out of the way so that the people following us can continue forward.

"Didn't Nero tell you anything? Not even how he paid for that pretty little farm house you grew up in?"

I roll my eyes. I thought we had established this. No. Nero didn't tell me shit.

"Teller-Morrow is an automotive repair shop in Charming. One of our many lucrative business ventures."

"Teller?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"It was your grandparents place. And Clay's."

"Who's Clay?" I ask.

Tig sighs deeply and mumbles to himself.

"This is going to be harder than I thought."

He throws an arm around my shoulder and leads me to a small, circle table. Chibs comes down the stairs last, eyeing Tig and I suspiciously as we sit and consider one another. Chibs doesn't say anything to me, however. He looks to Tig, who shrugs his answer in whatever silent conversation they were having, and then tosses Tig a set of keys.

"Lock up when you're done here. Cal's gonna stay the night," Chibs says, barely even acknowledging me, before he flips the closed sign on the door and heads out to his bike.

I turn my attention back to Tig.

"Alright, Goldilocks. Uncle Tig's gonna tell you a story, one of woe and destruction. You ready for that?"

I nod eagerly. Isn't that what I came here for?

"A long, long time ago, in a place of big dreams and hot wheels, John Teller and Piney Winston had a plan..."

***

Almost two hours later, I follow Tig inside the lot of Teller-Morrow.

The party seems to already be in full swing. Bikers and women of all colors, sizes and ages litter the gravel. Drinking. Smoking. I'm pretty sure I even passed a couple having sex in the backseat of an old Explorer.

Normally, this was my kind of party. But listening to Tig's story about my grandparents and the rise of SAMCRO....

Let's just say I have other shit on my mind.

I listened to every word intently, and he still left me hanging as we got to the part of the story that involved my Grandfather's death. It was almost like a late-night drama, left disappointed and waiting for the next episode to find out what the hell happened.

What did I learn, you find yourself asking?

I learned that my Grandparents were ape shit crazy, and it's no wonder that my parents are 6 feet under.

"The club bought the place after your Dad died," an older, shorter Mexican man says as he walks up to me with a scrawny, tall white man.

"So I heard," I greet them, dropping my cigarette to the ground and crushing it under my boot.

"I'm Montez, and this is Ratboy," the Mexican says extending his hand to me.

I shake it with a nod and then offer my hand to the other guy.