Chapter 16

EL'S POV::

Well, shit. I've been sitting on the couch for the last 5 minutes, listening to Abel snore on the ground in front of me.

Tommy left with Tig, just like I told him to. Now, I kind of wished that I let him stay.

The last nine days have seemed like something straight out of a movie, or a late-night drama.

This just wasn't my life.

I worked, I hung out with Cal and the MC, and I went home. Then, Tommy showed up and everything changed so quickly. It feels like a tornado is ripping through my life.

But a good tornado. An amazing tornado, even.

I almost have no words that can describe the way I felt wrapping my arms around Tommy for the first time.

He had just kicked Cal's ass and stood up for me. Then, I crawled onto the back of his bike. I knew nothing about this kid, except for the fact that he was Jackson Tellers son. But I trusted him. Instantly. And that, for me, is almost unheard of.

You find yourself asking, well about that creep Cal? How the hell could you end up with him?

Cal wasn't always such a douche bag. At least, he didn't always seem like a douche bag. We started hanging out after the club called me in to stitch him up.

He had gotten into an altercation with another MC and his forehead had suffered for it. I fixed him up and he developed somewhat of an obsession with me.

I told myself a long time ago, that while the club was my family, I wouldn't involve myself romantically with anyone in it. But Cal was persistent. He chased me for months, always the gentleman. Stupid me: he caught me hook, line and sinker.

It didn't get bad between us until he knew that he had me in his clutches. Before Tommy showed up in Charming, I was in the process of trying to get myself away from him. Tommy just made it easier. I'd forever be grateful for that.

As far as Tommy and I go. Hell. I don't know what's happening.

I don't even know if he's planning on staying in Charming.

But I do know that he makes me smile more than any man ever has. He's smart, sweet and oh my damn, that boy is beautiful.

I can still feel my heart pounding in my chest at the mere seconds our lips touched.

Looking at my watch, I can see it's been at least 10 minutes since it happened, but for some reason I can still feel him there.

I sigh deeply, bringing the tips of my fingers to my lips in remembrance.

Thomas Teller is unlike anyone I've ever met before.

I've seen him with the club and I've seen him with me. I like to think that I get the pleasure of spending time with the real Tommy: The guy who cooks dinner and rebuilds a dying garden. I get the Tommy who gives me jewelry box full of Queen Gemma's jewels without batting an eye. The guy who gives my brother a stupid nickname that I can't help but use. The Tommy who wakes up when I do, just so he can make me a cup of coffee and talk to me before I head to the hospital. I get Thomas Padilla.

The club, however, get a more serious, more reserved and a tougher version of Tommy- The Tommy who punches out a guy because he hits women. The Tommy who doesn't hesitate to join the chaos so that he can get revenge for men he barely knows. The Tommy who will knock out his own brother so he can get to a MC that he doesn't even belong to yet. They get the guy whose eyes can go from light to dark at the drop of a dime. They get Thomas Teller.