Chapter Twelve

CHIBS POV:

These last two days have gone to bloody hell.

First the youngest Teller shows up, demanding to know about his parents. The whole while I got my brother, Jax, in my head telling me to get him as far away from Charming as possible.

I thought perhaps he'd learned all he needed to when he told me about Gem's journal, but I guess that wasn't enough for him. So, I planned on gathering the people who knew his parents the best, having sort of an impromptu memorial service, so he can feel closer to his parents and move on.

But then, we get word from Alvarez that there's a new MC in town. They're selling cocaine and ecstasy to the high school kids, who are in turn selling and distributing to the wee ones.

For the past 17 years, SOA has led a pretty quiet life. We've done well keeping our boys alive. Of course, this job doesn't come without its injury- without its risk. This wasn't the first time someone's been shot since Jackson died.

But since we no longer dealt in guns, the imminent death that awaited every member of our club dissipated greatly, and I was relieved for it. While we might be considered boring on most days, there were days like today when we still had to get our hands dirty.

I'd be damned if we let these kids overdose on the street because no one was willing to step up and put the fear of the Son in these new fucking bikers, this "Messengers MC", who think they can come into our town and turn shit upside down.

I called together a group of our best: Kenny, Ratboy, Happy, T.O, Tig and myself. We were meeting a small group of Mayans and Alvarez. It was supposed to be a quick, in and out, intimidation ordeal. It wasn't supposed to go down the way it had.

We walked into the warehouse where the Messengers were holding up shop, not expecting to see such a large operation happening right under our noses. There were tables, spread out, people in masks sorting and bagging drugs of all kinds. All eyes found us, a group of 12. Before we knew exactly what was happening, they all had guns out and pointed in our direction. This, obviously, resulted in us pulling our weapons as well.

It's never a good sign when we're already at a standoff before we had even spoken a word.

Four white men come out from an office to stand before us.

"Welcome, gentlemen," the President said with a large, crooked toothed smile.

"We sure don't feel very welcome," I replied, my gun pointing at him.

He laughed, unfazed by our arrival.

"Necessary precautions. I'm sure you understand."

"Who the hell are you and what the hell are ya doin' in my town?" I demanded angrily.

There was no way this was going to end well. I could feel it in my bones.

Blood would be shed.

All I could do was hope it wasn't ours.

"Don't believe I've seen a name painted on this town, there Chief," a tall wiry man said as he took a step closer.

His patch named him Vice President of their club.

"I'm Patton," the president said. "This is my Vice, Jugs, and Kingston and Kentucky," he said introducing them all to us.

"You're selling drugs to kids, you piece of shit," Happy said, taking a step forward, his finger on the trigger and ready for battle.

I could see him clenching his teeth together, ready for the excitement that accompanies a standoff such as this one.

My boy Happy lived for this shit.