Chapter 21

Tommys POV

I'm sitting at the bar at Mikey's. I'm looking around for familiar faces, but I'm trying to appear as if I'm not looking for anyone. My heart is racing and I'm not exactly sure why.

Maybe it's the 30 baggies of weed I have tucked away in the inside pockets of my jacket. Maybe it's because I'm worried that one of Patton's men will see me with a Son. Or maybe it's because this whole damn undercover situation is really beginning to stress me out.

I know that this is what I want. I came to Charming to feel closer to the family I left behind when I was just a baby. I came here to feel a part of something, and now I do. I feel like I belong in Charming, even if my adoptive parents and my brother can't see that.

I feel an arm snake around my waist before a warm body slides into the stool next to mine. I turn my head casually to look toward the occupied space and damned if my heart doesn't nearly explode.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I ask Ellie gruffly, my eyes darting every which way to make sure no Messenger was around to see her.

It's not that I don't want to see her. God knows how much I've been dying to see that beautiful face of hers. But not like this. Not for club business. Not in any situation that could prove to be dangerous to her.

"They sent me," she answers softly. She's hurt at my tone. It's evident in the way her smile falls away. "I thought you'd be happy to see me."

I sigh deeply and hang my head, shaking it slowly before I bring my eyes back to hers.

"I just want to keep you safe. But of course, I'm happy to see you. And you look sexy as hell," I whisper quietly to her with a soft grin as I take in her skin-tight leather outfit.

Her face relaxes as a cute pink tint stains her cheeks. I can't help the smile it brings out of me.

"I was supposed to look the part of a trashy bar slut," she mumbles on a laugh. "I don't think I've ever worn this much leather at once before in my entire life."

"Leather looks good on you," I comment.

We stare at each other for a second, wearing identical goofy smiles. I don't know how she's feeling in the moment, but I know I'm feeling as if maybe I'm dreaming her up again. It's been too damn long since I saw her, or even talked to her for that matter. I'm thinking...

"You have no idea how much I want to kiss you right now. I missed you," I say in her ear, enjoying the way her breath hitches when I get closer to her.

She pulls her head back and bites her bottom lip.

"Tommy..."

"Jimmy..." I correct quickly.

"Jimmy," she whispers with a smile. "No one here can know that we know each other."

"You're right," I say as I pull back from her.

"But we can act like we're getting to know each other," she continues as she nudges my shoulder with hers.

I laugh as I wave the bartender over.

"Can I get a beer for my new friend here?" The bartender nods and looks toward Ellie for her beverage choice.

"Red Apple," she answers with a wink to the bartender.

The man nods and disappears down the bar only to come back a few seconds later with her drink. I slap a 10 on the counter before turning back toward El and raising my bottle toward hers.

"To new friends," she says, perhaps a little louder than necessary.

"New friends," I counter as our bottles clank together.

*~*~* Ellie's POV

Sitting at the bar and bullshitting with Tommy for the last hour is beyond amazing. If I didn't remember how I could have fallen for him in such a short period of time, the last sixty minutes or so reminds me completely.

Tommy looks at the watch on his hand before his eyes scan the small but crowded bar. He waits until at least three people were in ear shot before he pulls me closer to him.

"Wanna get out of here?" he asks, his voice deep and full of suggestion.

I nod and stand to my feet.

Tommy puts his hand on the small of my back and ushers me through the crowd and out the front door. He takes my hand once we get outside and pulls me to the back of the building in silence. Then, he turns to me quickly and puts his hands around my waist before backing me up against the wall.

His mouth meets mine as my hands travel up his arms and around his neck. His fingers dig into the leather of my jacket as he reaches up, unzipping the coat so that his hands can go up the thin material of my tank top. His nails graze my back as our lips fight to stay on track.

His mouth strays from mine, kissing my cheek, my chin, my neck. My hands tangle themselves in his hair. He moans when I use my grip to my advantage and tug his lips back to mine. We are lost in each other, not even noticing the two men who are coming down the alley toward us.

"Yo. Jimmy." One of the unknown men call, causing Tommy to pull back and mutter a curse under his breath.

"Quiet," he whispers to me.

"Kentucky. Kingston." Tommy answers. "I'm a little busy here," he almost growls at them.

"We can see that, hot stuff," Kingston answers as he chews on the end of what looks like beef jerky.

"Patton sent us over here to check on you," Kentucky replies. "Pretty sure you're supposed to be working."

"I did. And now I'm enjoying some off time," he smirks at them.

"You better be empty, friend. Patton won't like you clocking out early for uh... personal reasons."

"Don't worry about my game, Tuck. I was out over an hour ago."

I keep my head low. Tommy keeps himself in front of me, shielding me from the likes of the two creeps from the Messengers.

"Well then let's get back," Kingston says. "Patton's gonna want to see you."

"Can I have a minute to finish up here?" Tommy practically spits at them.

The man he called Kentucky, or Tuck, just chuckles and starts to pull his counterpart with him down the alley.

"Ten minutes, Jimbo."

"Got it," Tommy answers back.

~*~*~* Tommys POV

"Did you really sell it all?" El asks me with wide, worried eyes as soon as Kentucky and Kingston vanish from sight.

"Not even close."

El nods and reaches into her leather bag, handing me a wad of cash.

"This should cover it. Give me the shit," she requests.

"Ellie, I'm not taking that money from you."

"Don't be stupid," she says bluntly. "It's club money. The boys will be thrilled that I'm bringing so much weed home."

I smirk and cleaned out my inside pockets, dumping the contents into her purse.

"Thanks."

"Here's the phone Chibbs promised you. Our numbers are programmed in under Larry, Curly and Moe. I'm Moe," she laughs. "The other two you can probably figure out."

I nod and make sure the phone is on silent. Then, I shove it in my pocket where the pot used to be. She hands me a small charger and I put it in the same compartment.

"You make sure you call me," El says as she grabs the bottom of my jacket and pulls me forward.

"I promise, Moe" I answer her with a small smile as my hands wove themselves back around her waist.

I kiss her quickly before I hear the rev of the bikes in front of the club. I know that it's Tuck and King's way of rushing me forward.

Ellie pulls me back to her and kisses me one more time before she lets me go.