Chapter Twenty-Two

A/N: Just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who reads my story! You guys motivate me to write the next chapter :3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't hear or see any police cars behind us so the guards who saw the car leave must've thought that Thelma left work. By the time they figured out that Thelma was still at work, they would have no idea where we were. I smile to myself but it quickly disappears when I realize that Thelma let me use her only car. How was she supposed to get home? And what if she didn't leave the keys in the car on purpose? She could've just accidentally left them in there. I run my fingers through my hair again, a habit of mine lately. So many mixed emotions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The way to Oklahoma (that's where Fel's houses were) was a long ride. We didn't have anymore food in our backpacks so we went through a few drive-through's on the way. We stopped every now and then to check into a few hotels to get some rest but we didn't stay for long. It was check in, sleep, check out. And we'd been in the same clothes for a few days. The only thing different that I owned was the white bathing suit with red polka dots. I'm starting to get itchy from wearing the same clothes. I lean forward across the seat to Robbie and Fel. "How many more miles Fel?" I ask her. "Thirty more miles." She says, looking at Thelma's GPS.

I groan and push myself back into my seat. Dylan grabs my hand and I curl behind him, resting my head on his shoulder. I haven't gotten much sleep at the hotels. I almost always had nightmares that Dr. Mason was busting into the hotel room, coming to get me. Coming to make me pay for killing him. I always woke up screaming but Fel was the only one who would wake up anymore. She would jump out of bed and calm me down. Dylan told me to wake him up if I have nightmares but I didn't want to bother him. Fel was easily my best friend now but I still felt guilty for waking her up.

I knew Fel was tired too because I could see her now, bobbling her head and shutting her eyes but quickly waking back up when she felt her head fall over. I closed my eyes and fell asleep on Dylan's shoulder. I don't know how long I was asleep but I felt someone shaking my shoulders and woke up. I looked up to see Dylan smiling down at me. "We're here."