Chapter Fifteen

"But I've already told you everything about me.." I say to Dylan, hurt that he doesn't trust me. "Did you tell me who Olivia's dad was?" Dylan asks me. I look down at my feet. "No," I mumble. "So who is it?" Dylan asks me. "Who was her dad? Because Olivia was my sister and you're my girlfriend so don't I have a right to know?" he stares at me, through me. I can't believe he's getting angry over this. I sigh and look up at him. "Do you really need to know?" I ask him. "I really don't wanna say." It's just  gonna make me look stupid. "Please." Dylan says. Those brown eyes get me every time. "Fine." I say. I try to figure out the best way to explain who it is. I wanted to break it to them gently but there was just no way to break it to them that the guy I just killed is my child's father.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dylan stands there shocked and so do Felinity and Robbie. I guess I can't blame them. Who wouldn't be shocked after what I just told them. "So Dr. Mason raped you?!?!" Dylan yells. I hush him, "Keep your voice down!!" I say in a whisper. "No he didn't rape me. I told you that I didn't respect myself and he took advantage of that. He called me beautiful and said that he loved me but when he found out that I was pregnant, he wanted nothing to do with me. He told me that I had to get an abortion in private. I obviously disagreed." I explain. Dylan just stares at the floor. Great. He hates me now. I might as well turn myself in to the police because I'd rather rot in jail then have Dylan hate me. After a few minutes of silence, he looks up at me. "I understand," he says, "not completely but I still understand." I allow myself a sigh of relief. "Thank god." I said. "You HAVE to understand that I'm nothing like that now. Trust me. I've completely changed. For the better obviously."

"Can someone else please go?" I beg him. "Sure." Robbie agrees. "So I know that some of you are probably wondering why I lied about my name...." Robbie says, his voice trailing off. "Well to answer your question, I simply got into the wrong crowd, which led to doing the wrong thing, which led to jail.. four times." Everyone just stares at him. Even Fel. She must not have known. She looks angry. She's probably thinking, who am I about to get married to? I feel so sorry for her. "So why change your name?" I ask him. "I wanted to escape everything so I changed my name and moved to another state. And met Fel." He grabs her hand and smiles at her. When she doesn't respond, he lifts his fingers under her chin. "You have to believe me. I've completely changed. I'm not that person anymore and I don't wanna be. There's only one person that I wanna be." he tells her, staring into her eyes. "And who's that?" she asks skeptically. He places a gentle kiss on her lips. "Your husband," he says, smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few more hours pass by. There's nothing secretive about Fel that you can't already conclude. And Dylan's past is nothing basically. Just years of abuse from his dad. I feel terribly for him. We spend two hours chatting. Chatting about our best memories, funny memories, scary stories, anything. On the last hour I was so excited. Just one more hour and we could get out of here once and for all. I couldn't keep my eyes off the doorknob. In an hour, I would be twisting that doorknob, opening that door, and leaving my past behind. And just when we had thirty minutes left....the door opens.