Damn You Dawn!

Chapter 6

After arriving back home to Buffy’s house I ran up to my room to pick an outfit to wear. But I couldn’t get the image of the painting that Ren painted of me. It was so detailed, it was of me sitting in the school office the first time we met.

“Hey what you up to?” Buffy questioned walking into my room. All I wanted to do was to hug her every time I see her but I know that isn’t an option. I need to ask Giles why I can’t tell her I’m her daughter its killing me.

“Oh just looking at some clothes.” I said smiling at her picking out two dresses.

“Dawn said you were going to sneak out after dinner.” Buffy said as my face went pale; well I’m not telling Dawn anything anymore.

“Umm...” I said not quite sure how to respond to that.

“Its okay you can go, don’t think you have to sneak around.” Buffy said sitting on my bed and looking at the two dresses. “I know I seem a bit strict but I know you wouldn’t do anything bad”

“Thanks Buffy.” I said deciding what dress to wear. One was a long black dress that I could wear docks with and a leather jacket or there was the short tartan dress red black and white which also could have the same accessories.

“Go with the tartan,” Buffy said then pausing as she walked to the door. “Dinner will be ready soon.”

“Okay.” I said picking up the tartan dress.

Buffy poV

What a nice girl, I told myself as I walked down the stairs. She doesn’t have to sneak around I know what it was to be a teenager and have to sneak around your parents.

“ Hey Buff,” Xander called my attention at the bottom of the stairs.

“Yeah?” I said standing next to Xander.

“Did you see what Dove had around her neck?” Xander questioned me, looking a bit worried.

“No, why?” I said trying to think back to when I was just talking to her.

“She’s wearing the necklace Spike was wearing when he died.” Xander said, come to think of it she was wearing a big bulky necklace.

“Nah, there's more then one I’m sure Giles probably gave it to her to be protected by vampires.” I said, she wouldn’t be able to get Spikes necklace as its ten feet under what use to be Sunnydale.

“Yeah you’re probably right. I was just overreacting.” Xander said rolling his eyes.

Dove poV

“Dawn you told your sister.” I said walking into Dawn's room. She was laying on her bed writing in her journal. Her room was colored pink and purple, I have never seen these colors this much in one room.

“Um yeah I had to, what happened if a vampire attacked you?” Dawn reasoned as to why she told Buffy. She closed her journal and sat up to face me.

“I can take care of myself.” I said rolling my eyes. “Do you want to come?”

“Umm… Nah I can’t Callie invited me over to her house.” Dawn said smiling “But thanks for the offer.”

“Okay then,” I said I didn’t really want Dawn to come but I thought I should be nice and just ask.

“But you better get Ren’s number!” Dawn said winking at me.

“For the last time, nothing is going to happen between us.” I said rolling my eyes. “Besides I’m just going to see him play in his band.”

“Right...” Dawn said uneasily.

“Well what do you think of my dress?” I said spinning around.

“You look amazing.” she said scrunching her nose up and smiling “How did you get you eye shadow to look so good? How do you pull it off?”

“Thank you, well I pull it off by actually wearing it.” I said sitting on her bed with her “Anyway enough about me, do you like anyone at school”

“Well?” She said slowly.

“Hey don’t think you’re going to get out of it, you have been pressuring me about Ren, its pay back time.” I said giggling. I think its time I started having girly talks with Dawn, I do hate chats like this but if I want to get close to auntie I kinda have to.

“Well, I really like Alex.” Dawn said blushing.

“But isn’t he Callie’s boyfriend?” I questioned with surprised.

“Yeah promise you won’t tell her!” she said touching my arm.

“Trust me I wont, I can keep a secret” I said putting my finger to my mouth.

“I really like him, Callie will be finished with him by the end of the term,” Dawn said. “And that’s when I get her rejects.”

“Right.” I said.

++++

“So Dove,” Giles said “How’s your stay been so far?”

“Um it's good,” I said looking at everyone at the dinning table as they stopped what they were eating to listen to what I had to say.

“Jolly good.” Xander said clapping his hands.

“Yes” I said, I know what Xander’s like and I know he will make crazy little remarks when he’s not really part of the conversation.

“So, are you going to be a watcher when you leave school?” Willow asked eating her salad.

“No I’m not,” I said playing with my food “I’m not really into that sort of life.”

“Excuse me?” Giles said grinning.

“You know what I mean, I don’t want to wait around for the day I get to train a slayer.” I said putting my fork down. I don’t really feel like eating human food.

“Yes I understand that, so what do you want to be?” Willow asked tilting her head.

“Umm… well I would like to be a singer I guess.” It would be nice to be a singer, but I have no chance as I will never grow up. “I haven’t really thought about it.”

“Oh a singer,” Xander said surprised “Are you any good?”

“I don’t know.” I said truthfully.

“I’ve heard her and she is.” Giles said looking at me, how he know? “When she was staying with the watchers she sang all the time and they told me she has a fantastic voice.”

“You should go on American Idol.” Dawn said smiling at me. Great they know I can sing, and I don’t even know if that’s true. Don’t get your hopes up. All I’m good at is combat and drinking blood on a full moon.

______________________________________________________________________________

hope u like :D

comment and vote

xoxo misakisses