Chapter 7: More Questions

Scully
-----------------
They looked peaceful. Both of them.
Even if they were in a hospital. Marks was so much like Mulder even if they both didn't realize it. As Marks slept she even resembled Mulder. She and Mulder both slept restlessly.
She walked over to the bed Marks was sleeping in and kissed her on the forehead. Marks shifted a little. Even if she wasn't related to her, Marks was like a sister. She sat a chair in between Mulder and Marks beds and slept
The next day when Mulder and Marks were released the three of them went to their office. "How could they do this to us," Mulder said pacing through the office.
"Obviously they are hiding something," Marks said standing up,"Who do think would do that?"
"I'm not sure," Mulder said pausing right in front of Marks looking at her face and the cuts.
"I'm sure it's someone who knows what you were looking for Mulder,"
She said putting a hand on Mulder's shoulder gesturing him to sit down. Her face said it all.
Marks looked at her"Did you see the face of the man that kidnapped you?"
"Yea. He was about Mulder's age. Tall, blonde, blue-grey eyes." She said point at the photograph located on the wall.
"Kryacheck," Mulder said looking at her.
Remembering more clearly she said,"Yeah."
"What does Kryacheck look like," Marks said looking very worried.
"Umm.." Mulder said searching the FBI computer records, "Here."
Marks burst into tears. She ran over to her and held her. "Why are you crying?" She asked.
"He was the head of the foster home I was sent to. He was the one who beat me." Marks said quietly.
Mulder looked more furious then ever before, "I'm going to catch that son of a-."
Marks let go of Scully and put her hand on Mulder's shoulder, "Mulder, we will get him for everything he has done to you, Scully, and me."
Mulder looked at Marks with this longing she hadn't seen since she had cancer. He looked at her with kindness and worry. And Marks looked at him with concern and love. It's like they knew each other in and out. And then Marks looked at her the same way and so did Mulder. They all just looked at each other like that for what seemed like forever.
-------------------------
"Come over to my house with Marks tonight," a message from Mulder said. Was he up to something. She wasn't sure.
She grabbed her keys and headed toward Marks hotel as she got a call.
"Marks isn't answering her calls,"
Mulder said with a worried tone.
She walked into the room to see bullet holes in the walls and a blood pool on the ground but no sign of Marks.
"She isn't here," she said to Mulder as she inspected the room.
"Scully," Mulder said walking to her,"I'm scared."
"So am I," she said holding Mulder in her arms.