18 |

I woke up, stretching my arms out above me. I opened my eyes slightly, looking to the ceiling. I then realised I wasn't in my dorm, making me sit up instantly. I looked around the room, coming to my senses on what had happened. It was dark, making me feel completely disgruntled. I then noticed the person sat on the chair in the corner of the room. My heart rate picked up, but I soon calmed as I noticed it was Tyler and not some creep. Or maybe Tyler was a creep. He looked at me with a plain expression, his veiny eyes most visible in the light. "I see Marcel got you to your room." He stated, looking at the decor around me. I grumbled, rubbing my eyes.
"What year is it?" I complained, feeling like sleep didn't cure my pain.

"It's ten at night. Are you hungry?" He asked, crossing one leg over the other. I nodded, feeling my stomach growl in pain. He huffed, letting out a little smirk. "Come on, I'll cook you up some shit." He stood up, making his way towards the door. I followed him, pulling the covers off of me. I then noticed I wasn't wearing a shirt. I immediately stopped and looked around to find my missing clothing.
"Hey who took off my shirt?!" I asked in a panicked tone. Tyler shrugged.
"I don't know, maybe you did it in your sleep." He smirked before walking out my room. I saw it on the back of his chair that he had been sat on, and walked over to get it. Once I was re-dressed I followed Tyler to the kitchen. I took a seat on one of the bar stools while he walked over to the fridge. He pulled out a pizza box and tossed it on to the counter.

----

"You want anything on?" Tyler asked, holding the remote out to me. I shook my head, taking another bite out of the cold pizza. He shrugged and looked back to the screen, flicking through some channels. I forgot that I was still staring at him until he glared at me, eyes flickering red. I jumped a little and turned my head in the other direction. I heard him sigh and he turned his head back to the tv blaring some music channel. I munched on another piece of pizza and slowly turned my head back to the front. I moved myself to sit more comfortably on the sofa, leaning my back against the arm rest. I was facing Tyler, but I could look left to see the tv. Vampires were pretty fascinating, and being the nerd that I was, I was slightly intrigued. I looked over his facial features, all more defined and toned than mine. His cheekbones, jawline, collar bones. I could practically see his teeth sticking out from his lips too. The blood sucking teeth.

They grew in size and I saw Tyler's eyes flare up red. The veins under his eyes were darker, and I felt anxiety grow in my stomach. Maybe I wasn't so intrigued. "I know you're staring." He commented, still facing the tv. I snapped myself out of it.
"Sorry, I uh- I've never seen a vampire before." He smirked, showing off his teeth.
"I know. That's why you'll have to adjust. Starting now." Tyler explained. I swallowed hard as he slowly turned his head to face me.

----

"First test. Don't move." Tyler ordered. We were all stood outside on the Vanoss house garden. There was an area which was covered over with concrete that we all stood on. Me, Tyler, Marcel, Lui, Jonathan, Evan and David. They all stood in a line opposite me, about five metres away. It was late at night, and the only things that lit up the outdoors was the lamps they had scattered down the pathway to one side. I tried to make out their faces, but it was too dark and they were too far away. "If you're going to get used to vampires you need to be able to stand strong, and not look intimidated. We'll go easy on you at first, alright?" Evan stated, his arms folded. I nodded.

They all took a step forward, making me stay where I was. I stood with my head high, arms behind back and feet shoulder-width apart. They made a small circle around me, keeping around a metre away. Then, all at once, they changed. Not like getting dressed changed, no, their faces changed. Their fangs grew out and eyes turned into slits. Some of them grew slightly taller and more muscular in the process, making me feel like prey. I looked at them all as they circled me, but didn't dare move. Evan moved in front of me first, leaving no room for personal space. He sniffed around my face, taking in my scent. I saw his eyes dilate and changed to red within an instant. In the corner of my eye I saw Tyler getting closer to my neck. He moved next to Evan and budged him out of the way quickly.

Tyler didn't hesitate to open his mouth and display his series of fangs. I felt a bead of sweat drip down my forehead as he made his usual smile that was full of mischief. It then changed to an aggressive one as he hissed in my face. I squinted my eyes a little as he was moved along by Jonathan. Jonathan was definitely one to fear. As I had seen him in the school corridor before I already knew how intimidating he was. He was much taller than me and his shirt displayed his muscles pretty clearly. He put my rugby body to shame. He took a hold of my arm and traced down it with his teeth lightly. I shivered a little but stayed put. While Jonathan did that someone else was sniffing around my back, another at my neck, and someone else at my arm. After a while longer of hissing and intimidating actions, they stopped.

~~~~

Hey,
Doing stuff this week so I may not be updating for a while.
Happy valentines day 💕
1034 words