Birthday

"Shawn" I groan. No reply. "Baby" no reply. Now that I think of it the bed does seem a little empty. I open my eyes and don't see my boyfriend tangled in the sheets. He probably made me a birthday breakfast. I smile to myself. I haven't had something like that in.. 10? Years. Victoria stopped doing that on our 5th year. I walk into the kitchen and see a plate of waffles with a note by the side.
Vick called me in for a case. I tried getting out of it until later but she seemed pretty mad. I love you.

Shawn
P.s
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

I smile to myself but can't help feel a bit of hurt. Its my birthday I want to wake up to my boyfriend, kiss my boyfriend, cuddle with my boyfriend, make breakfast with my boyfriend and then we could go to work. I eat the waffles and then get into the shower. I shower myself and start thinking of shawn. He's so adorable and as much as I hate to admit I love the name lassie. Only two people call me that Shawn and Gus. I change into my dark blue suit and a black tie. I get into my car to see another note.
Have I mentioned I love you?

Another smile appears on my face and I drive to work. I see Gus' blueberry and immediately get butterflies. Where there's a gus there is usually a shawn. I try to keep my cool as I walk into the station.
"Surprise!" People shout I draw my gun and point until I see Shawn. I put it back as he runs up to me.
"Don't shoot us" he chuckles engulfing me in a hug.
"Wh-what is this?" I ask.
"A surprise party. There is cake and everything." He pulls away and smiles at me. "Happy birthday Lassie"

The end.