Coming out

"Lassie don't you want to kiss and say 'dinner at my place tonight" shawn whispers.
"I do shawn but these are all my coworkers. I can't have them thinking I'm soft"
"So-!!" He shouts then lowers his voice. "So what lass. Maybe I wanna be able to have a bad day and think oh look my boyfriend is right there lemme go hug him." I can tell he's having one of his bad days today. I get up and grab his wrist and pull him into conference room A and close the blinds.
"Come here" I pull him in a hug and sway a little. "Can we talk about this tonight?" I ask. "You can come over and I'll make dinner-"
"Ill bring pizza" he mutters.
"We can eat pizza and talk about coming out. You're dad knows my moms know... We can make out talk make out some more"
"I like the way you think" shawn says. I pull away enough just to see his face.
"I love you" I whisper. He nods and leans up and kisses me. We linger for a little just touching our lips together.
"I gotta go back to work" I whisper. He pulls away and nods. "Tonight?"
"I'll bring pizza"
-
-
-
The day goes by way to slowly. Which is good and bad. I want to see Shawn and have pizza and relax with him in my lap. But then I don't want to have the coming out talk. I want to come out but if people knew that I was in love with Shawn would not go well. My phone buzzes, I grab it and see a text from shawn I open it and it's a picture of him holding a box of pizza on my couch. Give me 20 minutes
I reply and gather my stuff. "Bye carlton!" O'Hara waves from behind her desk.
"Bye juliet"I walk out and drive to my apartment. Its a about 10 minutes away. I open the door and see Shawn rummaging through my fridge. "Hey baby" I chuckle closing the door.
"Lassie!" He cheers. He takes two beers out and hands me one as I kick my shoes off and take my jacket off.
"Thank you" I kiss him and sit down.
"How was work?" He asks handing me a slice of pizza.
"I wish you were there to argue with." "Mm well I'm here now."
"What is that suppose to mean?" I ask annoyed.
"Nothing" he mutters.
"I wanna come out so bad. Trust me. What gets me through the day is knowing most nights I get to come home and hold you and kiss-"
"Then why can't we!" He shouts
"Hey hey come here" I grab his arm and pull him into me. "What's wrong?" I ask
"I.. I dated a closeted guy once. When I asked him to come to a party with me he did but I got a little drunk and tried kissing him.. He shoved me off and called me a gross faggot. I promised I'd never date a closeted guy again." Shawn says.
"I'm not like that"
"You don't know. They're not going to hate you." He kisses me. "They're gonna be happy that you're happy. I love you Carlton and all I wanna do is show the world how much I do."
"Okay.." I whisper. "Stay the night?"
"Yes" he Snuggles into me. This is what I want everyday. To come home and let all my stress leave me as he plays with the hem of my shirt.
-
-
-
I wrap my arm around Shawn and pull him closer. "Mm no" he moans.
"Why dont you ever move to me and not pull me over." He opens his eyes and kisses me.
"Because I don't move this early." The alarm goes off telling me its time to get up. "But this early I can move" I sit up and grab the same pants I was wearing yesterday and pull them on.
"Mr. Lassiter! No shower?" Shawn gasps.
"I am taking my boyfriend out for breakfast. Well.. Im gonna grt the station doughnuts but buy him special ones. You're welcome to come if you want."
"Did you just make a joke?" Shawn stands up and grabs his jeans.
"I think I did." I stand up and buttinmy shirt up.
"We could lay in bed and not ever move again" he yawns.
"Cmon" I pull him into me and we walk down to my car. I drive to krispy creams and order three dozen of doughnuts and four special ones for Shawn and I.
"Why are you being so nice?" Shawn asks.
"I'm gonna come out today." I tell him.
"Really?!"
"Yeah Im gonna bring in doughnuts and then tell everybody I , Carlton Lassiter, am in love with Shawn!"
"Oo this sounds awesome" we both jump out kd the car and walk into the station. I put the pastries down. Of course they all surround the boxes.
"Uh..Lassiter what is this?" O'hara asks.
"Eh.. N-no reason" I swallow nervously. I look over st shawn. He rolls his eyes and starts walking away. Don't think. Do. I grab him before he walks off and places a rough kiss on his lips. He kisses back I slide my tongue in his mouth and he smiles. They... Clap? I pull away and look around.
"You owe me 20 bucks." Juliet points to McNabb.

The end.