You're Safe Here

"I love you" I whisper. "He's gonna be fine." May cries into my shoulders.
"Detective Lassiter." The nurse says walking out. My heart practically falls out of my chest waiting for her response. "He's fine." A heavy sigh escapes my mouth.
"I told you" she wraps her legs around me as the nurse walks us into Shawn's room. "Hey" I smile
"Hey" shawn squeaks.
"Daddy!" May jumps down and hugs him.
"Careful baby girl" he says.
"I love you" she cries.
"I'm fine I promise." He rubs her back. Juliet walks in.
"Hey cmon let's go get you some juice." Juliet reaches for her hand and may takes it. I rub her head as she walks by. Once the door closes I walk over to shawn.
"I'm gonna kill you" I whisper grabbing his hand. "You had me scared shitless."
"Im not leaving. I promised you and may." He whispers. He moves over making room in his bed. I crawl in next to him and hold him.
"Remember how we met?" I ask.
"You tried arresting me." He giggles then groans.
"I thought you were special. You looked special."
"Did you think you'd be married to me?" Shawn smiles.
"No I denied it for years that I liked you. Years and then you kissed me and wow no way could I deny that I liked you, let alone loved you."
"Well.. You are the by far the best thing to have ever happened to me." He leans up and kisses me.
"Knock knock" gus says walking in.
"Hey!" Shawn cheers.
"How're you feeling?" He asks.
"Hungry as hell. Please tell me that's for me?" Shawn hands him a vanilla pudding then looks up at me to open it. "Words of advice." Shawn says taking a bite. "Don't go in without backup"
"Or a plan" gus chuckles.
"Or a gun." I speak up.
"Ok ok I fucked up." He laughs.
-
-
-
"Lassie" shawn chuckles. "I can make myself dinner."
"No you're mine to take care of."
"And what about may?" He asks.
"She is out like a bulb. 5 year old needs sleep.. They can't wake up 4 in the morning." Shawn sits down And I make him dinner which is a sand which and some chips.
"I wish we could like not chew or anything just swallow." He says.
"Like you do with me?" I squint thinking about what I just said "did I.."
"Yeah" shawn laughs.
"Wanna go to bed?" I ask taking the plate from him.
"Yeah" he gets up and I help him up the stairs. He lays down on the bed and I help him change into his pajamas. Which for now all he wants is my shirt. I do so handing him one I usually pick out on my days off. Its a dark blue flannel. I lay down and he scoots closer to me he breaths in my scent and then kisses my neck.
"You're nkf gonna sleep much tonight are you?" I ask.
"Nope."
"What'd you wanna do?"
"Lay here in your arms." He mutters. I kiss his temple letting my lips linger.
"You're safe here, you know" I whisper.
"I know." He nods and trys getting closer but can't. I start humming our wedding song which was I'm fine by the Beatles. A few minutes later I see his eyes flutter close. I keep humming and then soon fall asleep myself.

The end.