Chapter 2

So this is Anchor Bay High School. I'm driving behind Micah into the student parking lot and find myself quite impressed. The school is typical of what you'd expect to find in suburbia heaven. I offered Nevaeh a ride to school but she opted to go with her brother. I can't say that I wasn't disappointed. I'm quite looking forward to spending time with her and finding out what goes on in that beautiful head. I pull up next to Micah and watch as Nevaeh gets out of the car and walks toward the building. I notice her walking past a group of cheerleaders and totally ignoring them and also their sneers at her. I was actually expecting her to be one of them, hence the comment I made to her last night. Getting out of the car I go over to where Micah's waiting.

"You ready bro?," he asks with a laugh.

I shrug while still trying to keep my eyes on Nevaeh.

"C'mon, I'll introduce you to the guys."

We walk over to a group of guys who are obviously on the rugby team, not noticing the stares that follow us as we walk over. Micah introduces me to the guys and I forget their names immediately, it will take a while for me to remember them.

"So you're the new guy, you play?" one of the boys asks, he's quite lanky with an English accent, while holding up a ball. I've had to put rugby on hold for a bit while I try and figure out how to tackle without breaking someone.

"No not really, It's not my thing," I respond, not the answer he's looking for as he immediately loses interest in me. I don't feel like having to come up with an explanation as to why I can't play.

"I can be your thing," I hear a breathy voice come from behind me.

"And... this is Kirsten," Micah introduces the girl as I turn around. "Kirsten this is Elijah," he continues.

"No, I don't think that's going to happen either," I respond to her earlier comment. She's obviously the head cheerleader as her uniform is shorter than everyone's and they all stand back as she speaks to us. She would have been appealing with her shoulder length blonde hair and green eyes if I hadn't seen the piercing blue ones first.

Placing a hand on my chest and standing on the tips of her toes she brings her head up to whisper in my ear. "We'll see, I always get what I want." Her breath warm on my ear. Laughing it off I look up to find Nevaeh standing at the top of the stairs watching us and I find I can't look away.

She turns back to the conversation she's having with the couple she's standing with.

I'm brought back to reality with the catcalls the guys are making as Kirsten makes a retreat after realizing the conversation wasn't going her way.

I turn back to Micah who's watching me closely. "I'll catch up with you later. I'm gonna grab my class schedule from the office."

"Do you need me to show you where it is?" he offers.

"Nah its cool, I'll find it," I say, making my way to where Nevaeh and her friends are standing.

"Nevaeh, hey, could you show me where the office is, I need to get my schedule,'' I ask. Standing just a bit too close so as to not be creepy but making sure she has to look up at me when she answers, bringing her face closer to mine.

"Um, this is Stephanie and Tyler," she says without taking her eyes off mine. She must feel something too.

"Hi Stephanie and Tyler," I respond without taking my eyes off hers.

"He's hot Nev," I hear Stephanie say, so those two are not a couple then.

Tearing my gaze away from her I turn to them extending my hand, "I'm Elijah, nice to meet you."