Chapter 7

It's Saturday and Micah's arranged for everyone to meet at the beach. He wants to get in on the action of the last hot days that we'll be getting. I've arranged to hire a board so I'm looking forward to hitting the waves as well as just spending a chilled out day with Nevaeh. As usual Micah offers us a lift but we kindly refuse, as we like having our own exit strategy in case things get out of hand. We pick up the board at the surf shop and head to the beach.

Walking hand in hand across the sand to where everyone is, we pass Kirsten and she has her usual bitch expression on today.

"Elijah, hey. You should let me know when you tire of that and need a real women." She says as she walks the short distance alongside me, not caring that Nevaeh is right there.

"Uuummm, no thanks." I reply.

"We'll see," she replies and she heads off to her friends again.

"Sorry about that," I say to Nevaeh.

"I'm actually not even bothered, I know she's trying to get to me. Ok, maybe I'm a little bothered. I can see she's totally into you." She rambles as we reach the spot where Stephanie, Luca and Tyler are.

"And I'm totally into you, and into us," I say as I drop my board onto the sand and scoop her up into my arms and start spinning around with her. She squeals with delight and her arms tighten around my neck. Laughing I lower her onto the ground and kiss her soundly.

"Hey Mr full back, tackle anything today besides my friend," she smirks and I wink at her smiling.

I drop down onto the sand and Nevaeh lifts her dress over her head to reveal a white two piece bikini beneath. I can't tear my eyes away from her, she looks amazing. Torn between wanting to continue just staring at her or taking off my t-shirt and covering her, I decide now is as good a time as any to try and catch some waves. Taking off my t-shirt, picking up my board and taking Neveah by the hand I lead her into the water.

"I don't know how to surf." She says as she reluctantly follows me.

"It's more my body needing the cold water after seeing you in that bikini than it is about surfing. And I hate to break it to you, but there aren't any waves."

She looks past me and bursts into laughter.

"C'mon." I lift her up onto my board and paddle further into the ocean. I'm sitting on my board facing her and we smile at each other.

"Come closer." I say to her.

She scoots close enough for my arms to circle her waist and I pull her closer so that her legs are over mine and we are chest to chest.

"You're beautiful," I whisper, running my hands slowly down the side of her body. She arches into me and wraps her arms around my neck, her hands going into my hair.

"I've never felt like this before," she whispers back at me, putting her forehead to mine and closing her eyes.

"I feel safe with you, and not because of the Angel thing, but because I trust that you won't hurt me." She continues and opens her eyes to look at me.

I'm lost.

My arms still around her waist I start kissing her, slowly, passionately but most importantly, lovingly.

Were we alone I would make love to her right here and I know she'd want me to. Still kissing her I lower her onto her back and I'm above her. Her hands in my hair pulling me down to her.

"They can see us."

"I don't care. My reputation is already shot to hell." She responds in a smoky voice arching into me once again and I continue kissing her. Only once I realise the catcalls from the beach are directed at us and Luca shouting for us to get a room do I stop. Turning my head to the shore I note everyone staring at us, including Cole. He must have arrived during our interlude. Putting my forehead to hers I smile at her.