Breathe In, Breathe out, Repeat #2

Breathe in, Breathe out, repeat. 

I stop running. I place my hands on my knees, feeling my heart rate pounding on my chest. 

Breathe in, Breathe out, repeat.

I feel sweat dripping down my forehead. I take the back of my hand, and wipe it off. 

"Come on Amanda, Get to it." Coach yells. 

"Yes sir" 

I start to walk forward slowly, the I start to gradually speed walk, then the next thing you know, I'm running. 

I keep looking straight ahead, and then Tammy's death comes into my mind. 

Brutal murder of Tamantha Rae. 

Found dead in boyfriend's bed at 11:16 the next morning. 

Nick Roy no where to be found.

I run faster and faster. 

Slash marks were found around her neck, stomach, and legs. 

Bruising around her right eye and around her nose. 

Busted lip, and head cracked.

I can feel my heart pounding against my chest. 

I feel tears starting to prickle my eyes. 

My throat starts to tighten.

My mind is lost in thought. 

I go inside the school building, leaving the track, and run into the girls bathroom and open a stall and I start throw up. 

Tamantha Marie Rae was pronounced dead at the scene at 11:18 am on Saturday morning, March 18th. 

"Why did you need to leave me. I need you!" I start to yell. 

"You left me all alone! I can't do this all by myself!" 

My fist is balled, and I punch the bathroom door. 

I rest my head on the door and tears fall down my face. 

"Why did you leave me" 

I leave the bathroom, I go get a drink, and change back into my regular clothes. 

I head to lunch about 15 minutes later. 

I go to my locker, I grab my two oranges and my apple, and head to the cafeteria. 

I sit by myself. 

I put my head phones in. 

Dream on Dream- Don't lose your heart starts to play. I start to peel my oranges. 

I chose to be a loner. 

My only friend was Patrick. 

I knew him since the third grade. I started to love him more than a best friend during the eighth grade. 

He was everything to me. 

He had my heart. He held it in his hands. But that day he left, he crushed my heart and left me to deal with this grief all by myself. 

I miss him so much. I want my best friend back. 

I want the guy I love with all my heart back. 

The guy who played with me out in the park when we were little. 

I take one head phone out of my ear, and get up to throw my trash away. 

I travel up the hall and over hear Emily Stanly talk. 

"I can't wait for the new guy to start coming to school here. He's all mine"

What a slut. 

I continue to walk and the next thing I know, I've fallen and I'm on the ground. 

"well this is just great." I mumble to my self. 

"Well well well, Isn't it Amanda Rae." Emily comes up to me, being followed by her minions. 

"That is my name." 

"Don't give me attitude" She snaps.

"Don't tell me what to do." I snap right back at her. 

"And who do you think you are?" 

"Amanda, we went over this like 30 seconds ago." I roll my eyes. 

"Don't be a smart ass." 

"Well at least I'm smart and you're not. You think you can get through high school by having sex with all of the male population of this school." I snap. 

"At least I can get action and your virgin good for nothing gets zero." 

"I'm proud to be a virgin because I don't open my legs for every pole that comes in between them." 

My anger is boiling. 

I'm furious. 

I start to walk away when she speaks up. 

"At least my sister isn't dead." 

I stop. I turn to face her and her face is cold with no emotion. 

"Don't you dare mention my sister you good for nothing bitch." 

"She is a slut, a whore, a two timing bitch who opened her legs just to get attention." 

"Stop" My voice is starting to tremble and my anger is over the roof. 

"You" she pokes my chest.

"Are"

Poke

"Just"

Poke

"Like"

Poke

"Her"

I look at her. 

With a stone cold face. 

"Don't you fucking dare talk about my sister like that you dumb stupid bitch!" 

My fist is balled, I get ready to punch her square in the face. My arms extends backwards and my fist starts to fly towards her face. 

Do it Amanda, she deserves it

I feel my fist connect to her jaw and she falls to the ground, clutching her face. 

"You stupid whore!" She screams. 

"Talk about my fucking sister again, and god forbid me, you will be paying for a new face." I flip her off. 

"You need to leave me alone and my family. especially my family, Got it?" 

"Ye..yes" 

"Good." I spit out, and I walk off. 

I leave the school and I start walking down the side walk until I come face to face with someone I haven't seen in three years. 

And there he was. 

 Looking right at me with an astonishment look on his face. His lips parted slightly, his face drained away with no color. His hazel eyes just staying focussed on my baby blue eyes. My face is drained, my hands are sweaty, and my heart is beating rapidly. 

Is the guy that I was best friends with finally back to hurt me once again? Notice the past tense of was. 

Is the guy that I'm in love with back to hurt me twice?Notice present tense. 

I'm not ready for another broken girl. I'm stronger than before. A tear runs down my face and I'm about to turn around and leave when he finally speaks, 

 "Long time no see Amanda Rae, Long time no see." and after that, I ran.